Problems with google chrome??

pixiepistlz

I had downloaded google chrome on gmail to use the new feature ,"video chat". My webcam seems to be compatable. (Logitec brand) which is what I choose to set it up on chat in gmail, when it gave the options.. the sound works fine and I can get only part of the picture  when I verify the settings, green vertical bars are across the screen and you can see me behind it . Anyways. I went to troubleshoot and everything checks out. I wonder why it is still like that ??. When I try the video chat anyways, it says error and shuts it off. Everything works fine in YIM when I use the webcam , so it is not the webcam itself. I am wondering if this is a problem with gmail then. I don't know what else to download to get it to work. I do my deep scans in safe mode to remove harmful items from my computer and keep it fine tuned. Any suggestions?? :smitten:

Nope. Chrome was on the list of "supported browsers"

Voice and video in Gmail only works with the newer version of Gmail in supported browsers: FF 2.0+, IE 6.0+, Safari 3.0+, and Google Chrome.( that is what the troubleshoot page says.)

When I get around to it , I will download the FF or the IE.