S-Video to TV

Le_Murphant

I plan on using a computer with a 7300 GT video card as a server one and I would like it to act a bit like an HTPC on a relatively old (circa 10 year old) cathodic TV which has RCA, composite and S-video in. I have tried to convert vga to s-video on the computer I use right now and somehow the image is extremely distorted, but when I use direct s-video to s-video from my laptop, it seems to work ok. So, my question is: What kind of maximum resolution can I expect by using s-video with an old tv? Would it be sufficient to play games that the video card can handle? Will the TV be automatically detected by windows when I boot? Okay, that's more than one question, but yeah... thanks for answering

I can say the TV surely would not be recognized by the OS ( not that I know of ).Does the card use the S video ? if so use it.which one is it (GeForce 7300 GT, GeForce 7300 GS, GeForce 7300 LE, and GeForce 7300 SE) Some did then , some didn't, You'll get the best signal that way.  A TV is crappy playing games from a PC that way ( doesn't have the resolution. But you could. I have.)