Coolbuster's 20 steps question.

Makkoness

I've done tweaking my canopy (before tweaking my speed was 390 kbps! which was a big surprise for me  :grin2:) unfortunately after tweaking the canopy the speed is still the same or got lower (360-380 kbps) So I've decided to follow coolbuster's steps but there is a part there that is hard for me to understand,

"Know your TCP Receive Window (RWIN) values, write down the values for "scale factor of 8" and "scale factor of 4"." Please correct me if I'm wrong but to my understanding this is the formula for the scale factor of 4 "1022208 (25-60 Mbit lines depending on latency. MSS * 44 * 2^4)" So I used this formula for the scale factor of 8 "(MSS * 44 * 2^8)" But after inputting those values this message came up when I checked the "TCP/IP Analyzer"... "RWIN seems to be an excessively large number. If you're on a line lower than 20 Mbps (that is not satellite), consider using a smaller value." And my connection speed is still the same. Am I missing something here or done something wrong? Please help. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY REPLIES!

Guest kevin516

can you tell me how did you get it..  :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Because my head is aching of thinking about that(lol).

I'm not good at math and i didnt know whats the meaning of factor by 4 like that..