THIS SUX _ WHAT's UP?

BrawnyDawg

Your connection is: 269 Kbps      (about 0.3 Mbps)

You downloaded at: 33 KB/s

Your TRuSPEED: ^info^ 288 Kbps :: 35 KB/s (7% overhead factored)

Bottom Line: You are running: 5 times faster than 56K and can download 1 megabyte in 31.03 second(s) 

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 32.53 % of your hosts average (direcpc.com) 

:angry5:

Hey BrawnyDawg ...go to MYdirecway and run their speed test......you'll always look good there... :haha:

Must be about a 10kb test...shows that I can upload at 200-300kbps...that's a joke..

I was talking to level 2 support a few days ago.....when the TECH didn't know the diffrents between bits and bytes...I knew it was a lost cause... :haha: :haha:

Is it just me or have all these crappy speeds just started?

I lost my Hard Drive last week and before then, I was doing fine - never even new about this place - as my internet was doing fine.. Now it's sucking up hardcore.. This is rediculous..

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 243 Kbps about 0.2 Mbps (tested with 579 KB)

Download Speed is:: 30 KB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Test Time:: Thu Feb 17 21:00:43 CST 2005

Bottom Line:: 4X faster than 56K 1MB download in 34.13 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 29.42 % of your hosts average (direcpc.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/id-4FTM2PNO5

Life's comming back slowly on my end... :roll:

Connection is:: 814 Kbps about 0.8 Mbps (tested with 579 KB)

Download Speed is:: 99 KB/s

Test Time:: Thu Feb 17 22:28:30 EST 2005

Bottom Line:: 15X faster than 56K 1MB download in 10.34 sec

Diagnosis: 90% + Okay : running at 98.55 % of your hosts average (direcpc.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/id-JC2OYGBVW

mine is kinda slow

Connection is:: 2905 Kbps about 2.9 Mbps (tested with 2992 KB)

Download Speed is:: 355 KB/s

Test Time:: Thu Feb 17 2005 21:57:44 GMT-0600 (Central America Standard Time)

Bottom Line:: 52X faster than 56K 1MB download in 2.88 sec

Diagnosis: 90% + Okay : running at 93.56 % of your hosts average (comcast.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/id-PNKUDYOJG

I'm not getting over 1 meg....unless 3..11....maybe20..is called over.. :haha:....what's my average..375??

And they don't quote anything...they don't even guarantee it will work.....But they advertise BLAZING FAST SPEEDS......and do compares of 500Kbps to 33 dial up.

Hey BrawnyDawg ...go to MYDirecWay and run their speed test......you'll always look good there... :haha:

Must be about a 10kb test...shows that I can upload at 200-300Kbps...that's a joke..

I was talking to level 2 support a few days ago.....when the TECH didn't know the diffrents between bits and bytes...I knew it was a lost cause... :haha: :haha:

The test on mydirecway is the only test they seem to even honor a complaint about...I have called in many times about upload speeds. Test on this site would show the real speed...connection less than 20Kbps however the direcway site shows well above 100Kbps, so they proceed to tell you "very good speeds" "there is no problem" "all customers are running at the same speeds even commercial accounts". They seem to leave the fine print out in the advertisements about where the get the numbers from...my uploads on direcway site have been as high as 356Kbps! Explain to tech support that it takes 15mins to send out a 1MB digital pic the numbers do not come close to 356Kbps up?? They will tell you absolutely anything but the truth....the [glow=red,2,300]bandwidth is not there [/glow] at peak hours.

Sparky....just where did you think New Delhi was????...Tennessee... :haha:

I know where New Dehli is, i just thought it was an outsourced calling center seeing as they transfer you to level 2 over here!

Man If I knew what I know now, direcway would not have been an option, not for the prices we pay, I got better upload speeds on my modem, and the speeds they told me is inacurate, they told me 50 kb up and 500kb down avaerage, still waiting to see this.

In my opinion thats false advertising.

I know where New Dehli is, i just thought it was an outsourced calling center seeing as they transfer you to level 2 over here!

Man If I knew what I know now, DirecWay would not have been an option, not for the prices we pay, I got better upload speeds on my modem, and the speeds they told me is inacurate, they told me 50 kb up and 500kb down avaerage, still waiting to see this.

In my opinion thats false advertising.

I do agree with you 100%, BUT there speed advertisements are based on speed test done from myDirecWay.....do a speed test on the Dway site and you will see the advertised speeds. Its unreal they even decide how fast there own system is by there own measurements? I wonder if that would work for a speeding ticket (oh officer my speed is not measured on your radar gun correctly...I calculate my total driving time divided by distance you see.) As long as the government lets them do it the way they have been I see no changes anytime soon for the better. I believe it's a decent designed system, it s just [glow=red,2,300]overloaded[/glow]....and there still adding new customers everyday.