Finally got U-Verse 18MBPS

dlewis23

So I moved into a new place over the past few days and I was able to get AT&T U-Verse it finally came into my area with there 18 Mbps down and 1.5 Mbps up.

So far with no tweaking being done it performs really well.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 16865 Kbps about 16.9 Mbps (tested with 76793 kB)

Download Speed is:: 2059 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2008/12/30 - 3:13pm

Bottom Line:: 294X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.5 sec

Tested from a 76793 kB file and took 37.302 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 464.42 % faster than the average for host (sbcglobal.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-20EXGU35J

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_6; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.27.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.2.1 Safari/525.27.1 [!]

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Upload Connection is:: 1412 Kbps about 1.4 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 172 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2008/12/30 - 3:53pm

Bottom Line:: 25X faster than 56K 1MB Upload in 5.95 sec

Tested from a 2992 kB file and took 17.356 seconds to complete

Upload Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 249.5 % faster than the average for host (sbcglobal.net)

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-S7JHZDF3V

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_6; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.27.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.2.1 Safari/525.27.1 [!]

For some reason its hard for me to break 17 mbps here but when pulling from my server and a few others I get about 17.5 - 17.8 Mbps.

When the tech was installing and doing some line tests he told me that the line has a rate of 52 mbps inside the house which was the fastest he had seen so far. Currently the modem syncs at 25 mbps, that is for my 18 Mbps internet and 2 TV's. If I turn both TV's on at the same time with 2 HD streams it runs at about 14 Mbps.

The install is kind of a pain in the ass it takes about 4 hrs. I was helping the guy out so that made it go a little faster. If anyone has the chance to get U-Verse I would definitely go with it over Cable or Sat. Outside of the internet speed being a little slower I would put it on par with FIOS TV.

One really nice thing about this connection I noticed is, unlike traditional DSL, cable, or even FIOS when uploading at max speed the download doesn't get slowed down a hole lot.

When I had my Bellsouth 6 mbps connection, and my Cable connection before that every time I or someone would upload at max speed the download would just drop through the floor to about the upload speed as was normal.

But with U-Verse since there is so much extra bandwidth that is provisioned for the house (25 mbps down/2 mbps up) I can upload a file at full speed and still get over 10 mbps download no problem.

One really nice thing about this connection I noticed is, unlike traditional DSL, cable, or even FIOS when uploading at max speed the download doesn't get slowed down a hole lot.

When I had my Bellsouth 6 mbps connection, and my Cable connection before that every time I or someone would upload at max speed the download would just drop through the floor to about the upload speed as was normal.

But with U-Verse since there is so much extra bandwidth that is provisioned for the house (25 mbps down/2 mbps up) I can upload a file at full speed and still get over 10 mbps download no problem.

My upload is @ max at all times, i still pull 1.8 of my 2.2M when downloading :shrug:

Bitchin' speeds BTW.