help,,i think its a virus,

liesfortheliars

i have downloaded a program and i think its the cause of the problem, i have forgotten that prgram,,

the problem is all my browser cannot connect to the internet ,,my main browser is firefox,,an error says connection interrupted. the connection to the server was reset while the page is loading,

but i can connect to the net with my yahoo messenger.

anyone knows whats the problem??  or how can i get all my browser working in normal again???

What firewall are you using? Maybe it is blocking silently via mystery program? EDIT: or it put a block via your hosts file..

Also there is.

http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?tag=mncol&cdlPid=10896905

Now this is cool... Your firewall should ask you if this linking is okay to do.. Good test for connectivity.

http://www.artspan.com/community/showthread.php?t=196

How to get to the web if your browser is blocked or broken

If your web browser software is blocked by administrative policy, or not working, you may still be able to get to web sites. This is a case where Help can actually be helpful!

Open a program such as Microsoft Calculator.

Press the F1 key to open the Help window.

In the top left corner, click the "document with a question mark" icon.

Select "Jump to URL."

Type in the URL of the website you want to visit, and it comes up in the right pane of the Help window.

Important tip: you must type the full URL, with http://  not the shortened version that starts with www.

I have had to use superantispyware 3 times today on client machines, all of which had numerous rogue malware issues.  Works like a charm.  It has a lot of secondary features as well, which can be used to "repair" a lot of things malware leave behind, like fake proxys, and stuff like that.  I wish it could be installed in pure safe mode though.  I have to go in and enable windows installer through msconfig to get it install, then switch back to safemode to run definition updates and scan.  Not a big deal though, saves me a lot of trouble from having to re-image client machines.

We ended up buying a 250 seat site licence for the professional version, and im going to push it out to client machines soon.

I have had to use superantispyware 3 times today on client machines, all of which had numerous rogue malware issues.  Works like a charm.  It has a lot of secondary features as well, which can be used to "repair" a lot of things malware leave behind, like fake proxys, and stuff like that.  I wish it could be installed in pure safe mode though.  I have to go in and enable windows installer through msconfig to get it install, then switch back to safemode to run definition updates and scan.  Not a big deal though, saves me a lot of trouble from having to re-image client machines.

We ended up buying a 250 seat site licence for the professional version, and im going to push it out to client machines soon.

Well at least you give it a try(even when you have to tweak the Fix to get it to run.) to repair machines. Some 'techs' find it so much easier to just reformat a machine, instead of working with whats there. On the Mozillazine forums(FireFox,etc.), some posters home 'Tech' told his client ,after a reformat, to use Windows defender and Windows firewall and AVG free. And many computer users just use the 'Restore' feature. Until the bug climbs back out and kicks them in the ass.......

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1021815

Quote from the thread...

"My technician says that my new security plan (Windows firewall enabled, plus running AVG, plus windows Defender) would have prevented the trojan in the first place"