Some websites look wrong...help pls. :)

crapsound

I'm using Firefox as my browser (Firefox 2 to be exact) and there are some sites that look wrong every time I visit them.

One site is www.gamefaqs.com:

It doesn't display all the uh...pictures or uh...shapes and stuff...

The site always looks incomplete no matter how many times I reload/refresh it.

Another site is www.deviantart.com:

It doesn't load correctly at all.

The background is white (which is supposedly not).

And uh...well I can't describe any further...

I tried to attach a screenshot for you to see how it looks like...(I don't know if its attached though)

What are the possible reasons why do these site look wrong sometimes?

That screen shot looks like when a site is experiencing heavy use and goes to text mode.

Turn off AdBlock plus and try the site again.

EDIT: you could also disable any other extensions to see if there is a conflict between two of them. And then re-enable them one by one.

And FireFox  2.0. Versions are almost at end of life. Upgrade time to 3.0. .

• 2 months later...

Finally solved it...now the site displays correctly.

That screen shot looks like when a site is experiencing heavy use and goes to text mode.

Turn off AdBlock plus and try the site again.

EDIT: you could also disable any other extensions to see if there is a conflict between two of them. And then re-enable them one by one.

And FireFox  2.0. Versions are almost at end of life. Upgrade time to 3.0. .

I didn't do what you said about AdBlock plus but instead I tried visiting at a different time. Maybe it was really about the heavy use.

I deleted all the temporary internet files using disk cleanup. I don't know if this worked but I did it anyway and after that it was displaying ok already.

But still, thanks for your help. Now I know the reason/s why the site looks like that at times.  :laugh:

Finally solved it...now the site displays correctly.I didn't do what you said about AdBlock plus but instead I tried visiting at a different time. Maybe it was really about the heavy use.

I deleted all the temporary internet files using disk cleanup. I don't know if this worked but I did it anyway and after that it was displaying ok already.

But still, thanks for your help. Now I know the reason/s why the site looks like that at times.  :laugh:

i'd still upgrade to FF3...its awesome

• 7 months later...