Verizon Can...

boywonder

Dig up my entire front yard along the side of the road and bury wires, that will be used for Fios internet to the school directly across from me. ( All without my knowledge and consent) Just woke up one day and bam there this big a$$ digging machine in my yard .

However when I call and call they claim I cannot get Fios or any other type of high speed internet other than the crappy Wildblue I'm currently on.

Now whats wrong with that picture?  :? I mean the cables are ran literally 30 -40 feet in front of my door step.

Dig up my entire front yard along the side of the road and bury wires, that will be used for Fios internet to the school directly across from me. ( All without my knowledge and consent) Just woke up one day and bam there this big a$$ digging machine in my yard .

However when I call and call they claim I cannot get Fios or any other type of high speed internet other than the crappy Wildblue I'm currently on.

Now whats wrong with that picture?  :? I mean the cables are ran literally 30 -40 feet in front of my door step.

Just so you know, where they are digging is probably not your yard it belongs to the city. In most places the first few feet along the road belongs to the city for this exact purpose. So they can dig it up and put stuff there with out having to tell you.

The reason you wouldn't be able to get FIOS would be because there is no switch near by so they would be able to run a line to your house. That Fiber Line will probably supply internet to only the school for a while.

I hear you there boywonder. I am in nowehre also, and I have been staring at 6.0 DSL 2 city blocks from my house for about 2-3 years now. And thats as close as I'll get for a while too. Was on satelite, till EVDO came along. Better than sat, but still room for improvement.  :azn: Best of luck with this adventure.