Computers !!!

Roco

Oh yea I could forsure live without mine. I started I think about 10 years ago. Time just goes so fast. I will say it was fun messing with the computer and learing lots of stuff.

Latest was learning nlite and how to make the addons for it. I orginally started to learn about them because of my kids. Keep them safe online and how to use a computer.

If this computer died tommorow I would be ok with that. Someday I would probally replace it but no big hurry.

:angel::angry::azn::cheesy::cry::laugh::shocked::undecided::wink::2funny::buck2::smitten:

That is all the things I have gone trough since I bought my first when PII's came out and I may have not listed them all. I have 4 running PC's at home and a laptop I use on the road all put together or refurbished by myself and after being self taught.

Started with dial-up, then added one-way satellite, then going to 2-way satellite and now with Sprint EVDO and finding free. WiFi with the laptop. ll this to make some use of the PC. I seem to like it when problems arise though, keeps me thinking. :icon_scratch: 

thanksfor the input , My main is for mail , sure beats snail mail ,

I even do most of my Christmas cards that way now ,and for me the same thoughts as

Oh yea I could forsure live without mine. I started I think about 10 years ago. Time just goes so fast. I will say it was fun messing with the computer and learing lots of stuff.

Latest was learning nlite and how to make the addons for it. I orginally started to learn about them because of my kids. Keep them safe online and how to use a computer.

If this computer died tommorow I would be ok with that. Someday I would probally replace it but no big hurry.

and indeed I started off with 56K dial up in 2001 l moved on to 125K and again to 500k,

now on 8Mb ADSLMax UK (2007) although I don't see more than 5.5 Mb,

----------------------

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 5396 Kbps about 5.4 Mbps (tested with 6144 kB)

Download Speed is:: 659 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2008/12/28 - 9:39am

Bottom Line:: 94X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 1.55 sec

Tested from a 6144 kB file and took 9.328 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 274.2 % faster than the average for host (as9105.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-NUO4ESYCA

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; Maxthon; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) [!]

well thats a test from 3000+ miles , , so who needs faster for email and a bit of internet surfing ? ,and the cost for me is cheaper than 56K dial up , $14 USD a month .

thats less than 2gallons of UK gas , (80 miles )

We got our first computer in 1999. My wife did Transcription out of the home. That turned out to be learning curve for me. Honey it doesn't work can you fix it? Then I stumbled through it and now I have a decent grasp on it. The best thing for me learning was finding TMN. Now I build my own and do it all with the help I've received.

If your getting fat sitting at the puter chair your doing it all wrong.

First you have to do plenty of curls  :occasion14: And every once in a while you have to do the raising up to get another sandwich.  :angel4: And then there is the trot to the porcelain throne to relieve yourself.  :book1: I have lost weight in the last few months.

:evil: Now to figure out how.

Live without it, absolutely, I still own a working model ink pen and a pad.  [nerdly]

Computers have been using me about 5 yrs. and I have been using them

for about 5 yrs.  I don't really want to learn how to repair them, I just want

it to work when I want to use it.

I mainly use mine for e-mail, breaking news, Medical news that I can use

to argue with my Dr when I do go to see him.  Seems he always wants

some blood or pee.  He always wants me to take a Statin drug and I tell

him don't waste your ink as I am not gonna take them.    :haha: :haha: