DVD Drive Problem

Does it show up in the BIOS? If it does not show up in the BIOS check your ide cable connection if the connection looks good, try changing the IDE cable. If you have more then one IDE connection on the motherboard try the other connection. If you have another cd or dvd player try connecting it to the computer, if it works the DVD player probably went bad. Some players have drivers , if your does check to make sure they are there.

Edit- Still can't type fast enough :lol:.

I had the same problem a while back , I download the latest firmware , but as the computer didn't recognise the cd/dvd device , even after a reboot , I kinda gave up and brought a new one , but it maybe worth removing it , and after a reboot and shut down .

refiting it and see if it shows ? , mine never did , although it would open an close ,

BTW it wasn't recognised in other spare puters either , even set as master, slave or cable select jumper settings

• 3 weeks later...

TRY GOING INTO THE SAFEMODE AND GO TO THE DEVICE MANAGER ON THE TOP MENU CLICK ON VIEW AND SELECT SHOW HIDDEN DEVICES LOOK FOR THE DEVICE IF THERE ARE MORE THE TWO LIST THEM HERE I WILL TELL YOU WHICH ONE TO GET RID OF THE PROBLEM THAT YOU ARE MOST LIKELY HAVING IS GHOST DEVICES GOOD LUCK

YOUR FRIEND

R4JC303