Jump to content
steelwolf

Testing Bugs?

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I was testing my Firefox 3.0.5 against my Maxthon 2.1.5,"uses IE engine, IE 7.0", on the download test using,"SMARTEST", on all tests.

My ISP,"Comcast", is rated at 6.0 Mbps, it is supposed to have a download,"burst", of up to 12.0 Mbps.

I consistently get scores for the IE engine, in this ball park:

===== Tuesday, January 13, 2009 === 4:23:56 PM =====

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 6589 Kbps about 6.6 Mbps (tested with 25600 kB)

Download Speed is:: 804 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2009/01/13 - 3:23pm

Bottom Line:: 115X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 1.27 sec

Tested from a 25600 kB file and took 31.828 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Looks Great : 4.19 % faster than the average for host (comcast.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-1L2G8AZQV

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; GTB5; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; MAXTHON 2.0) [!]

===================

But with Firefox my scores are consistent as well, but typically very close to this bandwidth:

===== Tuesday, January 13, 2009 === 4:16:56 PM =====

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 13956 Kbps about 14 Mbps (tested with 12288 kB)

Download Speed is:: 1704 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2009/01/13 - 3:16pm

Bottom Line:: 243X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.6 sec

Tested from a 12288 kB file and took 7.213 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 120.68 % faster than the average for host (comcast.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-4H1O2T9M8

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5 [!]

===============

I think I noticed that the # of times the linear graph that runs from left to right is displayed is less testing with Firefox than with Maxthon.

I just ran another test with Maxthon, it did not seem to have the same # of "linear subunits", this time and I got 14 Mbps!

I disabled my SW Firewall for all tests, I have a Belkin router, it is a,"dual", HW FW, "NAT and SPI".

Please advise,

Thanks,

SteelWolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...