Computer Freezing Up

pixiepistlz

I have had this used computer since May and it works fine til now. My kids and I all use the same computer, so there are a several accounts in addition to my administrator one. I have told them to never click on any "Ad's" as they have viruse's attached. ect.......

No problem with it freezing up til now. I have run deep scans in safe mode and nothing but the usual tracking cookies, ect.

No malware or trojans in quite a while . I remove those instantly. I have AVG free , superanti -spyware, spyware blaster, windows defender set up and some protection through firefox, that I use often. Do I have something embedded that these are not pulling out or blocking.?

I removed my kids accounts. ..they will be pissed ... who cares. This is the only computer in the house.  Is there anything similar that is totally free all the time?? If not then I will probably try it. Money is really tight right now.  My puter runs smoother with all my kids stuff removed. waiting to see if it freezes again.  :roll:

Here is another one from AVG. this works good also.

AVG Vcleaner 0.998

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/1316-vcleaner.html

Yeah, I forgot about that one. And do it in safe mode then clean up with usual anti virus after wards, and do a disk clean after.  :-P It gets rid of some bad nasties.

Mine was so bad once that to get the puter to recognize the vcleaner I had to put it on a disc. Then flop it in. It worked great then.  :grin2:

Dammit!! I was on guest account last night and I had a notice that Ihad 32 trojans on my puter. It recommended if I recall correctly something to download to remove it called Internet Pro. I was downloading it to check it out and I forgot I needed to be on Administrator to run it and when I logged in to A. account, nothing came up for me to continue. So guest account is screwey and has been for a while, for instance , it still freezes I noticed and everytime my kids want to go to youtube, they get "Bad Request" screens .I am frustrated as hell and this is my only computer and I am treating it like a baby ,trying to remove all this crap. any more ideas guys??  :cry: