If you commit a felony, dont google it.

Shug7272

Lee Harbert was a San Francisco-based investment banker with a history of DUIs. On Jan. 11, 2005, he killed 55-year-old Gurdeep Kaur in a hit-and-run with his Jaguar. Google got him convicted.

Harbert claimed he thought he'd hit a deer, which meant he wouldn't have needed to stop and help the person he mowed down, and police had originally said they were looking for a burgundy Jag, while his was black, so he had no idea what he'd done.

But, when police searched his computer, they found Google searches from a couple days after the accident like, "auto parts, auto dealers out-of-state; auto glass, Las Vegas; auto glass reporting requirements to law enforcement, auto theft," according to the prosecutor. The coup de grace? He searched for "hit-and-run," which he followed to a page about the hit-and-run he committed.

The judge sentenced Harbert to three years (that's it?). Harbert appealed, and got his argument smacked down last week. So remember kids, don't search for a crime you recently committed, or at least do it on someone's computer.

I shouldnt laugh, some poor soul died over this dumbass's bad judgment. 3 Fucking years? Damn, slap on the wrist.

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny::uglystupid2: :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

Link

3 years huh, must have plead one helluva case.

If you ever notice some cases, is that the Government does not want to clothe and feed and medicate people in jail for long sentences. It costs too much. And some get let loose before their term is half over, because of overcrowding. Oh and 'good enough' behavior.

There are people who should go to jail for 6 months and end up making it a nighttime house arrest or weekend jail time, cause they need to work to support their family. There are people who should lose their drivers license, But the Judge allows them to drive to work. Drive to the food store. Drive to the Doctor. Drive to their pagan rituals. And the person ends up driving more than they did before they got busted...

The System is broke and no one wants a prison in their neighborhood. And no one wants to work at a prison in the middle of the Arctic Tundra. Or North Dakota.

I've heard of people getting more time than that for lessor crimes. Must paid off the Judge and Prosecutor. :azn:

No shit!

If you ever notice some cases, is that the Government does not want to clothe and feed and medicate people in jail for long sentences. It costs too much. And some get let loose before their term is half over, because of overcrowding. Oh and 'good enough' behavior.

There are people who should go to jail for 6 months and end up making it a nighttime house arrest or weekend jail time, cause they need to work to support their family. There are people who should lose their drivers license, But the Judge allows them to drive to work. Drive to the food store. Drive to the Doctor. Drive to their pagan rituals. And the person ends up driving more than they did before they got busted...

The System is broke and no one wants a prison in their neighborhood. And no one wants to work at a prison in the middle of the Arctic Tundra. Or North Dakota.

Your right, but hell, why cant they let out the nearly million non violent drug offenders and keep the murderers and rapists in!

I remember my late husband telling me once he swerved to avoid hitting a dog. Yeah right. then he said it was a big stick. He was so drunk, who knows for real. He was drinking with a friend and had just dropped him off. He turned our car over and it caught fire. .. full tank of gas. I could not even tell what color the car was after.  Nothing but a shell. Babies carseats melted. He crawled away. He was alone.   He never changed. Alcoholic. Bad memories.

• 1 month later...

Oh hell Im all for that. You can either go to jail for 10 years or army for 5. Pick one. That kills two birds with one stone. We lose fewer good young men and have less criminals here. Of course no telling what they would do to innocent iraqis.

Yea but then you get into the whole  " I don't wanna be here thingy ". You know ?  Then they place others lives in danger because they don't care. I'm all for this reform thing, I think there's waaaaaaay too many non violent offenders in the prisons in this country.  Just watch california , there gonna be the leaders, the states are running out of funding. Imagine that.

Think about it, stupid enough to drive around w/ a sack of smoke ? and then do 70 in a 35 ? That persons too damn stupid already , they don't need weed ! 

Take the smoke,  givem a ticket,  I don't wanna pay for a stoner to sit and eat frickin bologna (aka lips and ass holes)  and get that ring around the lips thing from washin it down with red coolaid on my buck.  Givem a sack of dirt weed, (aka Indiana ditch weed)  and community service ! Have at it speedy....... :haha:

What the County's need to do with all the Non-Violent crime offenders is put them on a Chain Gang and  give all the Original Weed Eaters to cut tall grass from the sides of the road. What the County would save in buying tractors,bush hogs,fuel and lazy ass employees would pay for their jail time plus charge the for being in jail to boot! When it snows give the a snow shovel to clean the elderly's drive ways and public parking lots.!!!!!

What the County's need to do with all the Non-Violent crime offenders is put them on a Chain Gang and  give all the Original Weed Eaters to cut tall grass from the sides of the road. What the County would save in buying tractors,bush hogs,fuel and lazy ass employees would pay for their jail time plus charge the for being in jail to boot! When it snows give the a snow shovel to clean the elderly's drive ways and public parking lots.!!!!!

I agree, but that would be considered cruel and unusual punishment. Someone's mommie would be right there w/ a shitload of kleenex and some don king lookin motherfkr with law books ready to sue the state.  :haha:

Look at all the violent crimnals that are in jail for rape, murder and repat offenders.  Some have been there for 20 plus years.  My cure.  If you are sentenced to death and your lawyer cannot get you proven innocent in 5 years the death penalty gets carried out.  Take the 3 strike law a step further, 3 strikes and you are on the way to death row.  Bring back public executions.  With all of this the crime will go down and the jails will be less crowded.  Also send the cost of execution to the families.  Maybe they will try harder to keep thier loved ones from commiting more crimes.

As for giving them the choice of military service.  They don't need idiots that are willing to kill at the drop of a hat.  Yes the military works some people has turned the occasional crimnal around but not every crimnal should have that offer.

Yes these thoughts are harsh.  The problem is that everyone wants the crime off of their streets but do not want the repsonsibility to take care of it.  They keep cutting the budgets for crime fighting and for housing the crimnal.  Bullets are cheap.  Lethal drugs are sheap.  Rope is cheap.  Make a picnic of a public hanging and watch how quickly crime drops.  That or the crimnal will get smarter and not get caught.

Yea but then you get into the whole  " I don't wanna be here thingy ". You know ? Then they place others lives in danger because they don't care. I'm all for this reform thing, I think there's waaaaaaay too many non violent offenders in the prisons in this country.  Just watch california , there gonna be the leaders, the states are running out of funding. Imagine that.

Think about it, stupid enough to drive around w/ a sack of smoke ? and then do 70 in a 35 ? That persons too damn stupid already , they don't need weed ! 

Take the smoke,  givem a ticket,  I don't wanna pay for a stoner to sit and eat frickin bologna (aka lips and ass holes)  and get that ring around the lips thing from washin it down with red coolaid on my buck.  Givem a sack of dirt weed, (aka Indiana ditch weed)  and community service ! Have at it speedy....... :haha:

aka Indiana ditch weed LOL LOL LOL  :haha: :haha: :haha:

aka Indiana ditch weed LOL LOL LOL  :haha: :haha: :haha:

You know , all those people rollin rown the road tossin seeds out the window  :2funny: I watched a cops episode several years ago , the cop asked the driver " I know what your doing James, your riding around here lookin for dtch weed, aren't you " , and the guy said yes, I am , I'm broke  :2funny: :2funny: I coulda just stopped breathing right then and there from laughter.  :2funny: