http://www.watch-movies.net/ is this legal?

destructionfever

The website is legal, because they do not host any of the videos. they just link you to the site that does host the videos. It is however illegal to host copyrighted material. Most sites can get away with it because the site is based overseas in a country that does not have laws against it.

I not a big fan of that site because most of the links do not work. there are other sites that are better.

for movies i only watch videos that are in divx format and in good quality. It takes a while to find a good quality movie but its worth searching for it. There are thousands of movies on the internet. ovguide.com is the best place to start. I use these websites:

http://www.cinecast.us/

http://divxmoviez4u.blogspot.com/

hulu.com

You will just have to search around for the movie you want to watch. I dont watch as much tv anymore i like to watch tv shows online at fox.com, nbc.com, cbs.com, abc.com They have mostly all there programs online in good to HD quality, with limited commercials.

JH2688 ..Is it safe to download movies from divxmovies4u?? I am on the site now. It says to download to watch. I just removed a ton on trojans off my puter and am trying to keep it safe as possible.

I wouldn't download since you have the ability to stream. The way I understand it (thanks to JH2688) I believe to keep it legal it is optimal to stream for a few reasons. Downloading the movies will probably put you at a greater risk than streaming when it comes to PC infections. Streaming keeps it legal as well. I believe JH2688 said that downloading them is probably illegal anyway.

i would not recommend downloading it. What i do with divx is under the preference menu, click auto-save video and that will save the file for you. When you stream a video, there is still a temperary file of is on your computer, this way divx will save that file for you.

Just click play. do not click the download buttons, because most of them are just links to a subscription service.

P.S. if your new to this are are a lot of movies that do not work or are extremely slow to buffer. A movie might be working one day and the next day it could be gone. you just have to keep searching.

What this site is doing is probably no illegal but I fail to see you getting into trouble for watching things there.

www.hulu.com is a great site. I mean they have to start somewhere and this one is legit. Run by the Studios. Of course it doesnt have everything but it has some great quality stuff. I like to support them so that they dont just give up on providing it in a legit form.

• 3 weeks later...

watch-movies.net seems legal because it does not host any videos it just links to other sites like megavideo. But what i want to know is, why is the MPAA suing Movierumour.com and FOMDB.com. These sites are similar to watch-movies.net but they have been sued and shut down by MPAA.

Is it because watch-movies.net is different in any way or maybe because of a different disclamer?

What this site is doing is probably no illegal but I fail to see you getting into trouble for watching things there.

www.hulu.com is a great site. I mean they have to start somewhere and this one is legit. Run by the Studios. Of course it doesnt have everything but it has some great quality stuff. I like to support them so that they dont just give up on providing it in a legit form.

Thanks for the link. Im going to check it out later