Xbox safety recall

netmasta

Just a head's up to Xbox users:

Link to main page:http://replacements.webprogram.com/en-us/programoverview.asp

Microsoft is providing new power cords at no charge to replace the cords that originally came with some Xbox consoles. You will need your Serial Number and Manufacture date to verify if your Xbox Console requires a replacement cord. This is located on the bottom of your console. If you have your Manufacture date and Serial Number and are ready to continue, please choose Place An Order below.

Why are Xbox replacement power cords needed?

The replacement power cords are designed to protect consumers and their Xbox consoles from rare electrical component failures that can pose a fire hazard.

How great is the risk?

Fewer than one in 10,000 consoles have experienced these component failures. In almost all instances, any damage caused by these failures was contained within the console itself or limited to the tip of the power cord at the back of the console.

Does my console require a replacement cord?

If it was manufactured before October 23, 2003, your console requires a replacement cord (except for consoles purchased in Continental Europe, where consoles manufactured prior to January 13, 2004 require a replacement cord). Consoles manufactured after October 23, 2003 (after January 13, 2004 for consoles purchased in Continental Europe) do not require replacement cords because design improvements to the cord and console already protect against the problems that are addressed by the replacement cords.

Ever heard of ME.. LOL that was a mistake!  that was called 98 with some crappy features and rushed to get some of the money from 2000...

:oops: I'm the proud owner of a copy of ME....... sorry 2say  :(  and I just reinstalled it on my Niece's Sony laptop  only because of driver issues, and  had  to use the worthless restore disk... I hate that many only give that B.S. disk.... :(

8) Microwave