internet issues

jl.1212

My computer has been having problem with internet connection.

When I try to use Firefox, the connection doesn't work. After i mess around for a couple of minutes trying to access sites, the connection starts to work again.

When it does start to work, it works perfectly.

This gets annoying because it happens every time I return to my computer to use it.

Does any one have an idea of what's going on?

How about this guess.

You put the computer on Stand-by and then go away.

When you come back and wake it up, the Internet will not connect for anything. But will connect within about 10 to 20 seconds without intervention. Or it will connect if you click the little dual computer icon in the task bar and then click support and then click repair.

Or at least thats what mine does occasionally.....

Or is it just FireFox that will not connect?

Also there is a setting that powers down the Ethernet port if computer is left awake for a certain period of time without being used.

If this started out of the blue, chances are you have contracted "something " nasty. If this has been this way, or you changed power save settings, or applied a program to do anything of the sort, chances are the system has been set to allow the device to be turned off to save power, and it's just sluggish starting. Does any of this sound possible ? If so, what comes closer ?

Yeah, this suddenly started happening out of nowhere. I haven't messed around with any power save settings. I guess I'll run a virus check.

Do the virus scan in safe mode, only after removing the malware you have ( there's almost always something there) Depending on what program you use to scan for, and remove those pestering little data spy's, you can adjust exactly what , and where, and usually how deep the scan will go.

Go into your add and remove programs menu, and search out and delete anything you didn't install, or you don't use.