• 2.0-2.5
    • 2.5-3.0
    • 3.0-3.5
    • 3.5-4.0
    • 4.0 & up Explain
    • AMD
    • Intel
    • Apple

That wiil work Tommie. Must be a little cold for you when you are using that computer in the first picture? :haha:

justinlay  That case should do fine. Your motherboard will probably be your biggest obstacle [ what overclocking options it gives you to work with ] . I looked around a little bit it seem like when overclocking a QX6850, people are getting around 3.6 to 3.8 on air. It probably not worth it to overclock your cpu. When overclocking the best bang for the buck is getting a cheap cpu and making it run the same speed as the expensive ones like I did.

The board I have is pretty soild. I know for shur i can adjust voltages on pretty much everything, I think i has 4 options for linked/unlinked ratio cpu;memory. Of cource i can change the multiplier. I just need to go back in and see what other options it has. Thats what I can think on the top of my head.

i run an amd athlon 64 x2 5600+ its 2.8ghz dual core...kinda dated but hell it runs cod WaW with my video card on max settings fine...

its OC'd to 3ghz at the moment...runs about 90 degrees F.    good enough for me...

The dated stuff can be just as good, in many cases better , or more durable from my experience, so don't underestimate your hardware :)

• 3 months later...