• 2.0-2.5
    • 2.5-3.0
    • 3.0-3.5
    • 3.5-4.0
    • 4.0 & up Explain
    • AMD
    • Intel
    • Apple

I'm sure we've been asked this question before, but as time goes forward, we get new machines. So I'm takin a poll, my goal is to get an average of what were using. If you have OC'ed your proc, cool, just tick the stock speed in the poll section, and post your OC'ed speed.

Along with the poll, go ahead and post what proc you have, and what MB, especially if you've overclocked it, so we know what's workin best. :P

My computer is watercooled. It has a  D-TEK FuZion v1 CPU water block /  EK-NB/SB 5  northbridge water block /  EK-MOSFET GA X38  mosfet water block with a  MCP655 pump and a Swiftech MCR-320 radiator. My cpu temperature the other night when I was running Intel Burn Test was around 60c on all four cores with a room temperature of 25c to 26c. [ 78F to 79F ]

Overclocking is not that hard, You just have to raise it up a little at a time and watch your cpu temperature. If you are using the stock cpu cooler you not get to far before the cpu get to hot. You really need some kind of after market cooler on the CPU. If you air cool make sure you have good air flow in your case. Here is a link to help you if you want to overclock your cpu.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1198647

I was going to go water cooled didn't want to invest a lot in to it. Yeah overclocking isn't hard i do it all the time I just haven't done it to my quad yet. Well for one don't feel i need to it runs pretty fast at stock speeds. Everything is running pretty cool cpu is running 28 Degrees C with some music playing. If i wanted to I could pump it up.

I got one of the quads with the stuck sensors, even if I cool down the room it still will not go below 38c even at the stock frequency. Like I said  while running Intel Burn Test my max temperature was around 60c on all four cores with a room temperature of 25c to 26c,  the max cpu temperature is the one that really matters when you are overclocking.

You can go to [H]ardocp or XtremeSystem forums and see what other people got their QX6850 up to. What are you using for a cpu cooler and case.

Cpu cooler is on my last post. My case i forgot what brand it is. I dont see it being sold anymore, It's a full tower with a 240mm fan in front a 360mm fan on the side, 120mm in the back. So everything stays pretty cool

That wiil work Tommie. Must be a little cold for you when you are using that computer in the first picture? :haha:

justinlay  That case should do fine. Your motherboard will probably be your biggest obstacle [ what overclocking options it gives you to work with ] . I looked around a little bit it seem like when overclocking a QX6850, people are getting around 3.6 to 3.8 on air. It probably not worth it to overclock your cpu. When overclocking the best bang for the buck is getting a cheap cpu and making it run the same speed as the expensive ones like I did.