Somaport300 + port forwarding

tomcat_

Hi all,

I have done lots of port forwarding in the past in various router but this one is a more specific on the equipment i suspect.

I'm using a Soma networks wimax modem, the somaport 300. The somaport 300 does not have an interface so when i'm trying to connect on the gateway i'm getting the msg of "somaportal not activated on this device". Nevertheless, it does have an automatic DHCP so the wimax modem (somaport300) is connected with RJ45 directly to a WRT54G router that runs DD-WRT firmware. From there the router is assigning automatic IPs to the clients or static.

So to sum up: Somaport300 wimax modem with DHCP, connected with RJ45 to WRT54G, and then clients are connected to the router.

All is well and everything is working fine, and the whole network is stable and the internet is fine in all the clients.

However, I have realVNC in one of the clients and i want to forward the 5900 port to that particular client. So i have assigned a static IP to the client and then i'm forwarding the 5900 port to that particular IP. This is something that i have done numberous time back in Europe via normal ADSL modem/routers.

However, in this particular occasion the port forwarding is not working, although i have tried without any firewalls from router or pc.

I suspect that it has to do something with my wimax modem, the somaport 300, so anyone who might have the same modem and has done port forwarding successfully i would appreciate if he/she can advice.

many thanks

*edit* i forgot to mention that i'm running dyndns on my WRT54G router, and i can ping the dyndns address from outside with no problem....

getting "can't connect to host"..

when i try to open at 5800 which is the web java based VNC getting no page...

i cannot see how the modem could interfere either...but cannot thing of anything else...rather than DD-WRT having probs with port forwarding?

What is this  "5800" you try to  " open at "  ? 

You might be on to something with dd-wrt ......