Need help smartbro f**king capped my speed

l3l21

I need help or any suggestions. This smartbro is really getting on my nerves for almost a year now from a fluctuating connection very very unstable and now a new problem came up. Guess what they capped my speed to 30 Kbps (downloading a file). Ive tried lots of tweaks from posts here even coolbuster's 20 steps. Nothing.. To start off before i can download at a rate of 40 Kbps which is not that bad or maximum speed for my plan 999. I know 40 Kbps is not that fast and now they capped me lower 30 Kbps i always observe my download speed specially on non peak hours 12 midnight and up so theres now way its due to congestion no matter what happens it always play around 25-30Kbps with some few bursts to 33 then back to 30. Man i know uncapping is illegal but capping a subscribers speed lower than the advertised max speed is legal WTF???

And to add to my frustration i have a neighbor whos connection to smartbro reaches 2.5-3 Mbps (jealous!!) downloads at 200-300 Kbps..this is a no joke i wont tell our location incase some smartbro employee is reading here. i dunno if this is eating our bandwidth but my capped connection had been there before he had those freaky speeds.

I know sir but when i call they will just tell me routine bullsh*ts "Sir you connection is stil fine its reaching 60% blah blah theres nothing wrong with your connection sir" I stil havent had luck on accessing my canopy T_T i havent tried override plug antenna is too high. I need some advice on what to tell the customer service so they would listen to me. Im 100% sure if i tell my reason im only reaching 30 kbps download they will just ignore it T_T.

Is your neighbor on the same internet speed plan? the same type? You on wireless and him on DSL? Just an example. In other words trying to compare apples to apples is all. Is everything exactly the same between yours and his?

Are you running a clean machine?

http://www.testmy.net/t-4257

Don't just say yes, double check everything first.  :wink2:

Are you running different things like Instant messenger? What all is running in the background. Always so many variables.

[nerdly]

You need to be more creative when dealing with these crooks.

Firstly, tell them your problem is much worse than it appears- when I have a problem like yours, I tell them it's "slower than a dialup." And it has been happening all the time... your connection resets several times a day, and you can't get an IP address half the time. Also you always have to reboot your SM to get the IP address, so at night when it happens, your connection is lost while you are trying to download stuff overnight.

Secondly, if they give you the "just wait 24 hours" BS line, tell them you already waited a frigging week and you're not waiting anymore. BE ASSERTIVE and BE STRICT with them, but DO NOT be abusive or cuss at them.  :smiley6600: Demand to speak to a supervisor. Tell the supervisor that if the problem isn't fixed within a day or 2 you will go up on the roof, disconnect smartblow, remove the antenna and your attorney will be sending them a letter demanding a full refund for the downtime, and any extra days you paid for, as well as the attorney fees. Also tell him that you will be filing a complaint with the smartbro division of the NTC (yes, there are so many problems with smartbroke that the government telecommunications office has a special division just for them).  :police:

Tell him if it gets to that point, they will have 10 days to refund your money in CASH, and if they do not, they will lose by default, since they are the ones who breached the contract, and the antenna will belong to you to do with as you please. You can sell it on ebay for 8000p or 10000p, or just smash it with a hammer and feed it to the chickens  :knuppel2:

This technique works for me every time  :cheesy:

Thanks.. the  problem is I'm up in the mountains of Cebu and the only other service is DSL and it's so overloaded it's worse than dial-up.

As for my canopy, the installer let me watch him set it up, and even took my suggestions I got from coolbusters advice for the settings. The problem here is the basestation. They don't want to upgrade anything because they are such tightwads. We only have 25 subscribers on this tower, compared to towers in the city that have 500+. When we have a connection it's great. But our downtime is about 30%.

I'm looking at satellite internet but it's about 3 or 4x as expensive for the same service

Well about my canopy its locked hardcore i got a reply from Customer care need to add more info hoping they would send someone to fix this btw i can accross Kbps converter here in testmy this is the actual speed im getting during NON peak hours 12 am - 6 am (30 kB/s is 245.76 Kbps) and observe how much bandwith im loosing 384 Kbps is 46.88 kB/s (advertised) im only complaining about non peak hours cause we all know smartbro is uber congested.

i see...

you cannot connect to canopy?

hmmm try this method

go to control panel

click network and internet connections

click network connections

and choose your lan modem and right click choose properties a new window will pop out uncheck everything except tcp/ip.

and do the test again

OW finally my prayers are answered. Im dishing out my smartbro . A new ISP has arrived in my area wohoooooo.

Im moving to PLDT 1 Mbps same price more bandwith i know its doesnt have good rep. But il take my chance its been 3 yrs of hell with smartbro WOHOOO. Id still vote smartbro worst isp in the philippines. :)

Yep sir its a line of sight canopy i can see the canopy now and the cell tower seems pretty alligned ehehe . I guess im there wont be any answer to my problem its best to switch isp. Dunno if they can monitor individual connections but im a very heavy internet user especially p2p apps. Maybe they capped me on purpose BUT thats stupid cause they advertised us with UNLIMITED.

I assure you, they did NOT cap your connection. Fartbro just SUCKS and they don't know what the hell they are doing. The problem is that everybody not on the executive corporate throne has "save money!" beaten into their heads, and they need several levels of authorization just to spend a damn piso even if it's an emergency. In your case, I'd say the color code you are on is probably wrong or they got some other setting completely screwed up. The first thing they would do is change your antenna (they changed mine 5 times before it occurred to them their base satation may be the culprit). I would suspect that wouldn't make any difference since your antenna does work at 30kbps so it should work at 40 or 50 no problem.

I know they didn't cap your speed cuz when I was dealing directly with the engineer in charge of the base stations here, he even tweaked a few things at his end to give my connection priority over others. And by golly it DID work. But the problem here remains- they need to replace some routers, switches, hubs and cabling at a cost of at least 200,000p ($5000 US) GASP!!!! They won't do it because that can be spent for one small donation to a senators campaign or a few rounds of golf with him.. kissy kissy! :smitten:

Haha very well said. Its just sad they have so many customers that they cant manage and address problems easily. As long as you have connection thats it WE DONT CARE. Im moving on now to a wired ISP dsl . Even tho wimax is coming

im not that excited it might be more worst than smartbro dunno if its 3g. Too many bad experiences with wireless.