Slow Upload Speed

Sudipto_019

Guest axelrose

Why upload speed is slower than download speed????

My download speed is 8 kB/s and Upload speed is 3 kB/s..

:angel:

8k down? are you serious or trying to post jokes and trolling?

:haha:

Dudes!!! I m from Bangladesh and the country's internet is very weak...

I don't use dial-up....

I use broadband...I know u will laugh to hear this, but thats true...

and this ain't joke...

I checked my internet speed by testmy.net and even I use DU Meter...

The download speed never increases than 8 Kb/s and Upload speed never increases than 3 Kb/s

Is there any software problem????

Dudes!!! I m from Bangladesh and the country's internet is very weak...

I don't use dial-up....

I use broadband...I know u will laugh to hear this, but thats true...

and this ain't joke...

I checked my internet speed by testmy.net and even I use DU Meter...

The download speed never increases than 8 Kb/s and Upload speed never increases than 3 Kb/s

Is there any software problem????

Hey cool, your pretty far away :)   So , please excuse me, but I have no way of knowing your computer knowledge, so I'll ask if you know how to  " ping " the server here at test my.net. That woul be a good start. There are several ways to accomplish this, even in windows.

Post who your ISP is ( internet service provider) , in Bangladesh "BBN-BD" comes up, is this correct?

Post what operating system your using, and what type of broadband you have, like cable, DSL , ect.

There is a ping utility here at testmy.net, if you look here  ( or in the "misc tools" tab at the top of the page , you'll see a bunch of things.

Post the ping times, and if you can , a trace route to testmy.net as well.

And also post what speeds you should be getting from your connection, as well as what devices are connected within your network.

testmy.net ping:

Reply from 74.54.226.166: bytes=32 time=293ms TTL=1

Reply from 74.54.226.166: bytes=32 time=609ms TTL=1

Reply from 74.54.226.166: bytes=32 time=294ms TTL=1

Reply from 74.54.226.166: bytes=32 time=292ms TTL=1

Ping statistics for 74.54.226.166:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 292ms, Maximum = 609ms, Average = 372ms

ISP server: BracNet

Broadband type: Cable (Normal Cable not Optical Fibre) and its connected to my LAN card (its built-in on Intel D945GCNL motherboard)

Download Speed: From 2 AM to 7 AM, 8 kB/s and the rest 4 kB/s to 7 kB/s (I should get 64 Kbps or 8 kB/s 24 hours)

Upload Speed: 3 kB/s constant (I should get 64 Kbps or 8 kB/s 24 hours)

1 more thing, my server sometimes stop responding to receive files from websites.

Suppose, Facebook homepage is 64 KB and it will take 8 sec to load, if speed is 8 Kb/s.

but at the same speed, it takes 20 sec to load. I don't know what the * problem in my internet.

You could install cablenut, and find the best registry file for your specific connection, I'm certain you would get some improvement from it.

If you goto VanBurens cablenut settings page, first download cablenut and install it. REstart the machine.

Then go back to the same page and download the " all" zip file, this will contain settings that can be easily installed to cablenut. You'll have to search through the files to see which one suits you best. Each time you install a css file, you should restart the machine, and test here at testmy.net. You'll know when you get the right one, your connection will be faster.

Is there any way, that I can control the internet server and change the speed of my internet connection???

I mean is there any software that I can hack to the server and increase my internet speed???

Cablenut didn't work so well.

No, there's not any way you can change the allocated bandwidth, the way I understand it, the ISP sets what they call a  "boot file " within the modem itself, yo try and change that, and you could end up loosing your connection altogether , and maybe a bit more trouble then that lol.

You have to be patient with cablenut, try many different files, did you look through all the connection settings for the specific one you need ? Or was there just too many to look through ? Because the one that shows when you start cablenut, is what the current registry settings are.

lol.....

I found many files. Among them I installed a file named as "Cable & DSL 64 64.css" and my net. speed is 64 kbps.

Is my installation correct??

Well if your supposed to be getting 64, and you reached that speed by whatever means, I would consider myself lucky :)