Cox Business Cable Service = HORRIBLE

Guest strongmad

Guest strongmad

I have had COX Business Internet service for over a year. Check out these blazing scores:

Need to cut and paste? Easy with this.

:::Download Stats:::

Connection is: 392 kbps about 0 Mbit

Download Speed is: 48 Kb/sec

Auth Code: 2005881 (validate a http://www.testmy.net)

Bottom Line: 7 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 21 second(s)

for $99.00 a month this SUCKS!

I work for a tier 1 provider, so I understand NOCs and 1st level support. These folks at COX in Phoenix are of no help and do not have a clue when it comes to data communications.

Just venting, nice site, gonna use it to get out of my contract with COX!!!!

I actually work for Cox in Phoenix, and I can tell you this much... if you are getting only 48Kb/sec :shock: there is something majorly wrong. I would call 623.322.2000 and talk with business services about getting a tech out to see what the problem is, or call 623.594.1000 (main). It could be a problem with your levels, could be your modem, could be a router you are going through ... or it could be an ethernet cable... Trust me, it's not the connection though.

Have you tested more than once? Post some more scores... let me know when your fixed and happy. :wink:

- Damon

shock That sucks but I believe it can be corrected I have cox.net in Tucson and I'm really happy with my svc. I talked my friend into changing to cox and there were some problems in the beginning but they were fixed. I felt like shi@$!@ when my friend was having trouble but I knew there was a solution we just had to keep after it.Hang in there and let us know.

microwave