Poll: Which browser do you use? Why?

MttFrog13

Which browser(s) do you MAINLY use on a DAILY basis?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which browser(s) do you MAINLY use on a DAILY basis?

• Internet Explorer 8 RC1
    • Internet Explorer 7
    • Firefox 3.1 Beta 2
    • Firefox 3
    • Google Chrome
    • Safari 4 Beta 1
    • Safari 3
    • Opera
    • Maxthon
    • Flock
    • Avant
    • Other

I was just wondering what browser most people here use, there doesn't seem to be much discussion of this here even tho we discuss how fast we browse. I realize some people use two browsers a lot so you can vote for two. I myself only use google chrome because its lighter that safari and ie at least and is really fast. I was but am not hooked to adblock plus anymore so i stopped using firefox. I read that using adblock prevents revenue that websites make and can lead to things costing more on the internet.

what extensions are keeping you from switching? unless its something else. Using chrome, i do get a little nostalgic when i see banner ads that move in front of the screen, or how i can't tweak the actions of the tabs that the extension tab mix plus gives you. but i've just gotten really used to the top loaded tabs and not having to chase around the 'x' button when i'm closing tabs. Also its nice to know that when i close a tab that i'm not using the ram from that page anymore unlike most browsers where its good to restart it from time to time. I have to do this especially after streaming a big video, not with chrome tho.

i just switched back to firefox. I started to really miss firefox remembering the form entries, some of the extensions like linkification, better gmail2, and tab mix plus. As good as chrome is and with the facy interface and tab tricks, until it incorporates more features found in firefox, i probably won't be using it. I strongly recommend it tho for people who don't need the firefox extensions.

Used FireFox when it was Phoenix just before it was called FireBird and then FireFox.

But I hate tabbed browsing. So I love being able to" about:config "and modify things a bit.

And also don't like the address bar popping down my bookmarks when I am typing in a web address. I changed that as well to go away.

But as with any browser, people still need to to look out for the bugs on the Internets.

But I hate tabbed browsing. So I love being able to" about:config "and modify things a bit.

And also don't like the address bar popping down my bookmarks when I am typing in a web address. I changed that as well to go away.

what don't u like about the tabbed browsing? I'm always lookin for new ways to tweak my firefox.

what don't u like about the tabbed browsing? I'm always lookin for new ways to tweak my firefox.

Cause I'm old fashioned.

If I were to have over 6 windows open at a time, maybe Tabbed would be okay. But generally I don't go over 5 windows open at once. And I am accustomed to have them sit in the bottom task bar. People who leave multiple sites open for hours on end and switch back and forth, love Tabs. And Tabs free up the task bar for desktop programs. Great for office workers who are supposed to be working. But I have 'just the browser' or the 'just the desktop' open usually.

Heres a link to some TAB add-ons reviews.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/too-many-tabs-firefox-add-ons-to-manage-a-tab-jam/

Cause I'm old fashioned.

If I were to have over 6 windows open at a time, maybe Tabbed would be okay. But generally I don't go over 5 windows open at once. And I am accustomed to have them sit in the bottom task bar. People who leave multiple sites open for hours on end and switch back and forth, love Tabs. And Tabs free up the task bar for desktop programs. Great for office workers who are supposed to be working. But I have 'just the browser' or the 'just the desktop' open usually.

Heres a link to some TAB add-ons reviews.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/too-many-tabs-firefox-add-ons-to-manage-a-tab-jam/

I have ......well, I had to  look lol, 4 browser windows open, all but one has at least 5 different pages open, some are local machines and servers I access constantly, another is there because I do remotes, and one guy runs a business and he ALWAYS has issues, all damn day, (he tries to  "fix" it himself) so I have access to his entire network, I have him on a second screen all to his self  :haha:

Anyway, w/o tabbed browsing , life would be dozens of minimized windows , so mall that I could never tell what they were unless i clicked one. .....scary

Tommie is going to need some medicine...  :haha:

If browsers were women

http://www.sharenator.org/If_browsers_were_women/

Damn, internet explorer is a HOTTY.  :shock: :shock: And fast. To be honest IE6 a couple of times let things get in, but never an issue with IE7 yet and I got used to the tabs. I like them now.  :smitten:

IE7 never got to like any of the others tried netscape seemed to slow to me back then and I didn't know of IE8 or i dont think i did it seems to be fast enough for me. as fast as the internet has become since 2001 when i was trying to squeeze every last millisecond out of everything in the computer im ok now HA HA HA HA