DW6000 Does Not Respond

Janin

I bought a DW6000 on ebay; it was said to be "new" and indeed it arrived in its original box and looks new...

When I plugged it in it had the power LED flashing and a steady LAN-LED.

It would, however, not respond to a 192.168.0.1 command in my browser.

Is there anybody out there whom I could contact on Skype from our jungle end...?

I bought a DW6000 on ebay; it was said to be "new" and indeed it arrived in its original box and looks new...

When I plugged it in it had the power LED flashing and a steady LAN-LED.

It would, however, not respond to a 192.168.0.1 command in my browser.

Is there anybody out there whom I could contact on Skype from our jungle end...?

Hang in there a few minutes, there's plenty of people that are familiar with those things in here, they just have to see the thread , thats all.

Welcome to testmy.net  :)

And I suppose you already know that Hughes is wanting people to upgrade to at least the HN7000 modems... And a free equipment upgrade also means a new contract of 18 months or so.. The fine print that people are missing on the upgrade bit... People would be better off with the HN9000 upgrade/reinstall.

http://www.copperhead.cc/tips.htm

HyperTerminal Access :  Windows XP comes with a handy terminal emulation program called "HyperTerminal" .. so why not have some fun using it ! Another method of accessing the internal commands & stats of your DW6000/DW7000 modem is through terminal programs like HyperTerminal. Here's how it's done : Click on START/ALL PROGRAMS/ACCESSORIES/COMMUNICATIONS and select HyperTerminal. HyperTerminal will ask you if you want to make it your default Telnet program  .. your choice .. there's no bad answer.

It will ask you to enter a name, & choose an icon for the connection. You can enter any name, and select any icon .. then, click "OK".

This will bring up the main program window. From the lower pull-down menu select "TCP/IP (WinSock)". Next, enter 192.168.0.1 in the

"Host Address" bar, and enter 1953 in the "Port Number" section. Now click "OK". That's it ! You're in ! You'll see the menu appear in the HyperTerminal screen.

• 1 month later...

Sort of the same with my DW6000.  The unit is working but I can not log onto the box anymore using 192.168.0.1.  Called Hughes tech support this weekend and found out that the proxy IP we were using had reverted back to the original.  Web pages back up to a normal crawl rather timing out, but still can't get to the box.  I know that I could get on it a week ago, I checked it for signal strength during some "rain fade".

Found this on another website.

The blinking power light means that the modem has never been commissioned. Once you get the modem connected to the antenna go to http://192.168.0.1/fs/advanced/advanced.html and click on Setup followed by Registration-Installer. This is where you will do what was former known as a websetup. Once that is properly completed and your new San/Pin entered (or re-entered) you should be in business. You did have a new account setup for the 6000 didn't you? Your 4020 service will need to be canceled and a different account used with the 6000.

I still can't get to the DW6000 thru IE, but I should have mentioned that the "rain fade" screen looked new.  Must have been a background upgrade?  It showed up in IE and had a "click here for more info" link that took me to the standard basic modem menu.  Haven't been able to get back to it since.  I even bookmarked when it came up.  Oh well, everything else is working.

I still can't get to the DW6000 thru IE, but I should have mentioned that the "rain fade" screen looked new.  Must have been a background upgrade?  It showed up in IE and had a "click here for more info" link that took me to the standard basic modem menu.  Haven't been able to get back to it since.  I even bookmarked when it came up.  Oh well, everything else is working.

So what did hughes say when you called?