Im going to be a dad!

humorman

but the mouth starts at about 9...they dig that sassy mouth out from behind their tonsils and automatically know how to use it :haha::evil6: luck with that one...but urself several jars of rub on patience...sooths the presence of a burgeoning prepubescent female

Actually my oldest is 9 1/2 now. No problems yet ...... most likely because

I was more of the Teddy Roosevelt style parent. "Speak softly and carry a big stick" :wink:

it ^^^ works.  :knuppel2: And only let the doctor beat you to it.  :lol:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well tommie...my oldest never did go thru it...my youngest however made up for her sister's slackin...don't count ur chickens yet...and believe me all the discipline in the world don't stop that train...either their tongue is stitched down or it isn't...some doctors forget to do it at birth...then ya have the stitches taken out when they get married...

tommie we'll talk again this time next year...and i wanna see a photo...see if u still have hair...if not i'll know ur lying

well tommie...my oldest never did go thru it...my youngest however made up for her sister's slackin...don't count ur chickens yet...and believe me all the discipline in the world don't stop that train...either their tongue is stitched down or it isn't...some doctors forget to do it at birth...then ya have the stitches taken out when they get married...

I like that idea.  :haha: :haha:

Kids do have a tendancy of obeying men more than women though.  :wink: So we will have to see on the discipline.

Congrats. Like my husband has said if people ask you what you need for the new member of your family. You will need diapers lots of diapers. We had a ton of diapers and I thought we would never run out with what we had. I was WRONG. I would encourage your wife to breast feed your child. It is so GREAT for the child and also the mother. The bond that the mother and the child have during that time is unbelievable. I breast feed both of my children until age 1. My oldest took the pacifier my youngest likes her finger. I would choose pacifier over finger any day. We had to cut the tip off of the pacifier to make her not want it anymore. It works! The moment my daughter put the cut pacifier in her mouth she threw it down on the ground. Really enjoy your wife's pregnancy with her. Feeling your child kick, hiccup, roll over to where the back is towards you wife's stomach then feeling it and its hard as a rock. Those are moments that you will not get again until you have another child. It may seem hard and scary at times but in the end it all works out for the best. Congratulations again i'm happy for you. You will be a changed person and its only for the better.

IF your wife breastfeeds....give her lot's of your patience and understanding.

You guy's blue balls ain't got nothing on engorged breasts. What happens when the baby eats? gets comfy and goes to sleep. I had to use a pump for mine. Those leaks drove me crazy... wet shirt and all and had to use little inserts in my bra so it wouldn't show. Plus if it get's bad, you can't cross your arms and it hurts like hell. Those breasts get HARD...... NEED breast pump if she breast feeds for real. I breast fed for a good while. Plus if she works, you or your family will need the pump for when she is absent to feed the baby. Good luck. It takes LOTS of patience. Lots of adjustments for the mother for real. :buck2: I know he may share this with his wife and why I posted. Did I mention I wanted another? Yes, its all worth it for real.  :smitten:

Pixie is right about the mothers breasts getting engorged it hurts. Dosen't matter if you breast feed or not the moms body will produce milk before the child is born. A way to help relieve the pain is to take a warm shower or put cabbage leafs on them. And the mother will have leakage, so tell her to not get embarrassed it happens to all mothers. Just get the pad inserts for her bra it works, sometimes you may have to change them quiet often but it keeps from leaking all over the place. If she does decide to breastfeed it does hurt at first but all the pain goes away after a while. She may get cracked nipples there is medicine that she can put on it that is also safe for the baby for the next feeding time. Good Luck and hope we have all been helpful for you and your wife.

bag balm for the sore nips...

and a funny true story with a tip at the end...pass it to ur wife she'll need it if she nurses...

k...it's the 70's we still write checks :haha: ...i'm at a convenience store...tiny baby at home with daddy...i'm a nursing momma...i also wear the pads but the washable kind (tree hugger ya know)...so i'm checking out...and fixin to write my check and this baby in the store cries...yep...it's a trigger for nursing boobies to spring into action...so i'm hurring cuz i know what's gonna happen and it does...my milk lets down...i'm writing a check so i can't put pressure to stop it...i'm leaned over the counter...i finish my check and stand straight and look down at the counter as does the clerk...yep two milky puddles...i grab my jug of milk and oj and hightail it outta there...i was so embarrassed...(i was young...i know now there was no reason to be embarrassed...shoulda laughed about it) so i don't know why...i even nursed in public so go figure...anyway

so now the tip (if she nurses)...which can't be used all the time...when she goes out in public...put a piece of saran wrap between her pad and her bra...leaks won't show so soon...but if she does this for long periods it will cause chaffing much like diaper rash...very sore rash...so only occasional...and tell her to air those puppies after nursing...perfect time to cuddle (her and the baby :haha: ) while they air dry...

Thats a good story Tdawn, Iv'e seen them squirt before, when as you said a baby cries. And I have drank the milk, right from the utter lol, kinda got ma a bit crazy, couldn't stop , but i only did it that one time.  :haha:

Me too, for the whole day. No kid yet, and I guess I was feeling a bit frisky.  :shocked: Hey somebody has to get things rolling. Why not?  :smiley:

I share Pixie.  :angel:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry been way busy and not at home much. So that is why I haven't replied. You guys are so fun and funny that is why I still come around after all these years. Yea I remeber when this site opened I have had many names since was close to one of the first memebers at first. But that not the point just explaining why I keep coming back you all are a fun group, But yea I can't wait to find out what she is having a evil girl or boy lol.

Especially after what you guys have informed him of. .......... :evil:

Hey, someone had to warn him.  :police:

Sorry been way busy and not at home much. So that is why I haven't replied. You guys are so fun and funny that is why I still come around after all these years. Yea I remeber when this site opened I have had many names since was close to one of the first memebers at first. But that not the point just explaining why I keep coming back you all are a fun group, But yea I can't wait to find out what she is having a evil girl or boy lol.

If it is a girl (I now have two) you will  truly love her more than a boy, but also in  no way will replace a boy.  :wink: