Why does Wireless Connections drop when using a secured network?

Hello everyone,

This issue has been bothering me for awhile now.  :undecided:

My wireless NIC, Intel Pro 3945 ABG, is able to scan networks and connect to them.

It can maintain a stable connection when the network is unsecured. I can browse the internet for days without losing connection.

However, the connection to a secured network, WEP/WPA/WPA2, will drop within the first 1~2 minutes of accessing the internet. I can reconnect almost immediately after the connection drop, but it would repeat itself within 1~2 minutes.

It has been tested on both the drivers Toshiba provided and the latest Intel drivers, and I was able to reproduce the same results.

Can an expert point me in the right direction?

Forgot to mention, I am on Vista 32bit Enterprise.

Thanks in advance.

This might sound to easy, but if you havent alredy, try changing the channel, many remote camera systems, phones, and such send interference. Even neibors.

Although I don;t think this is what it is, because you say  "1-2 minutes"  the last time I cam accross this, it was a firmware issue. Maybe try different versions , "downgrade" , isn't always bad.

Make sure your using the vendor utility, not the windows one. Or are you already.

thanks for your reply.

I changed the channel to 11.

And this is the only computer that have this issue, all the other laptops works with wpa2 secured network.

This laptop is bought in 2006, I am sure it works with with any secured network, because it used to be able to connect to it.

I am not sure if Vista lets you use vendor utilities.

thanks for your reply.

I changed the channel to 11.

And this is the only computer that have this issue, all the other laptops works with wpa2 secured network.

This laptop is bought in 2006, I am sure it works with with any secured network, because it used to be able to connect to it.

I am not sure if Vista lets you use vendor utilities.

I would think that if you install the software that goes with the router, then yes, you can use it. Let me know if you dont have it, I'll help you srach for it. And if you do have it installed, I would like to know if vista allows the use of it, do you mind ?