Dual Cable modem with MidPoint Software....

REH

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm.. not really.. built faster and nice.. AMD FX-53 with a bfg 6800oc, 2 gigs of ram, 2 74 gig raptors on Raid 0 with a 250 western digital..  on an ASUS AV8-Delux..  You might have the nicest on the forum but not the coolest I have seen.. and that was also about a year old.. i think that the graphics was the newest thing..  you want benchmarks i can get to them if i can get in contact with the owner..

I hope that you are running two fans in for that fan setup.. other wise you are creating vac in your case.. 

I think he was going after a slient pc.. but am not sure.. And the graphics card.. I didnt see that either. but that is alright.. Maybe he doesnt game or maybe it is an old picture...  I bet you that you have a really silent computer with all of those fan..  :lol:  but i also be that you are running faily cool.. and you need them with your 3.0 oc'ed to 3.8..  looks like this picture is before the addition of either one of the raptors or the 120gig?

:haha:  ok.. my guess would be yes.. however, it doesnt matter wether you have a compaq or an awesome home built pc that "rocks".. PCI still only runs at 133mb/s.. and that is shared with 2 nics.. so.. eitherway it is going to be a bottle neck not to mention that your sound card is running on the same bus..

REH u said it doesnt speed up speed test because it only uses one file

so u can still only slip up if 2 files are coming in, how does that help when u downloading a big file?

are u talking about packages or files or what?

if a speed test is of 500kb

can u set a limit in that program to slip anything over 250kb so it slipts up when u do a speed test?

My point is why are you worried about dual modems on a piece of junk..

Yes I do have better than you ..way better..

plus its a year old....

3.0@ 3.82 Ghz SL6WU

Abit IC7

1024 PC4000 Adata Superram 2.5-3-3-8

ATI X800 Pro @ 542/542 Vga Silencer

Dual Raptors 36gb Raid Zero

WD 120 Caviar Storage

Audigy 2 ZS

8xDVDRW 40xCDRW combo.....

Your fan placement sucks btw.....

I have built them since 95 so I think i know what I am talking about...

Why post pics trying to brag when you dont really have a reason?

:-| Things seem to go better when ppl can disagree without being disagreeable, degrading comments about another's work is at best rude.No matter how long you have been building P.C.'s there are many ppl that would make your work look sloppy and your P.C. look like a piece of crap.....as they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In case you haven't noticed this site frowns on flaming and not playing nice, so lets all take a deep breath and start over if we can..... the most important thing here is for ppl to learn and for ppl that have more knowledge to pass it on without being condescending to others.we are

I dont see why you ....(shall i say it.... oh hell why not :D ) " NERDS" (:-P )  are trying to showoff your computer systems. I mean seriously.. WHo gives a fuck how much cash you have to blow on a computer that wil be obsolite in a few months.. Jesus be happy with what you have and envy thoes with what you dont. Grow the fuck up..

I was in no way trying to start an argument with the immature member of the forum, which name I will not state, I simply threw in a picture of my PC, in which I was in no way bragging about, which I stated in one of my reply posts to him, I was simply just posting the picture for the reason of posting it, nothing else.

-REH

sorry, reh. that wasnt directed twards you ;)

Okay, Just wanted to make sure that everyone knew that I was in no way "bragging" about what I have because I know that what I do have is extremely basic, ::cough cough:: dimension 2400 with a couple changes, with complete overhauling to come in the future lol.  :lol:

-REH

Sorry, what is a NIC and how would i merge the 2 if a router is not needed? I really want to try this out

A NIC is a network card. If you have 2 of them in your PC, and have an internet connection running to each one, this program will use the connection teaming feature, which combines the bandwidth of the two connections.

-REH

I was in no way trying to start an argument with the immature member of the forum, which name I will not state, I simply threw in a picture of my PC, in which I was in no way bragging about, which I stated in one of my reply posts to him, I was simply just posting the picture for the reason of posting it, nothing else.

-REH

then why the extra pic of the tower with no modems in sight?

I dont build works of art ....I build functional pieces...just a note....that run,, and run...and run...without issue.

then why the extra pic of the tower with no modems in sight?

I dont build works of art ....I build functional pieces...just a note....that run,, and run...and run...without issue.

Why must you try to continue this childish dispute? Grow up buddy.

-REH

now that program really sucks

its try to take over ur pc

and when u unistall it it doesnt unistall the fucking protocols and ie settings it installed

man, all i had was 2 network connection not even to my isp or anything that and it wanted all this info about email and crap

serious some one should make something more simple

i dont recomend that program !!!  :angry5:

now that program really sucks

its try to take over ur pc

and when u unistall it it doesnt unistall the fucking protocols and ie settings it installed

man, all i had was 2 network connection not even to my isp or anything that and it wanted all this info about email and crap

serious some one should make something more simple

i dont recomend that program !!!