Dual Cable modem with MidPoint Software....

REH

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i did all that

but i wasnt really happy it had to take over so many things when it installed and it couldnt undo the things when it unistalled

it could have if the people that had programmed were more ethical about their software

Yeah, I have heard about tha software, and tried it, but I didnt like it. I wonder have you heard about XinCom router that has dual WAN and 4 ports, which is available for sale at tigerdirect.com (not sure about posting link here btw, Im new here) for $99.00 and have not try it out, and just wondering if its worth it.. (sorry to jump in different subject, but had to ask)...

Thanks

Mike

Yeah I realize that XinCom DPG-402 has been discontiuned, according to their website (http://www.xincom.com/twr402.html), and it was 99.00 at tigerdirect.com anyway,

Thanks for telling me that... I think thats its pricey for XinCom DPG-502 at $209.99, however like what XinCom says, some place still sell at reseller's XinCom DPG-402 and it may be still at $99.00 or so.. Also it still has LAN 4 port and I do see DPG-502 has LAN 4 ports too.. not sure why its cost more...

Mike

True, I did was do a search, for this model 402, and it hardly find anything for sales. While I was do a search, thought to say and I see that at DSLReports.com is talking about this model that doesnt do bonding. But it does do load balancing, and saying that 502 is the one does the bonding to increase its speed. Maybe is why the price is more higher?..

• 5 months later...

get two nic's setup a connection on both.. then go to Network Connections highlight both connections then right click and hit bridge connections.. this only works with High speed internet and ive never tried it.. thats just what the microsoft.com said..