I have a T1

Imagen My anger when i discovered there was problem with my ATM link and it was only linking at this

Connection is: 944 Kbps about 0.9 Mbps (tested with 579 KB)

Download Speed is: 115 KB/sec

Auth Code: 2014161 (validate at http://www.testmy.net)

Bottom Line: 17 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 8.9 second(s)

and this weak ass shit for upspeed

Connection is: 343 Kbps about 0.3 Mbps (tested with 386 KB)

Upload Speed is: 42 KB/sec

Auth Code: 255146 (validate at http://www.testmy.net)

Bottom Line: 6 times faster than 56K you can upload 1MB in 24.38 second(s)

now for a T1 thatz weak and not what I had when I first got it lol so I phoned up my provider and bitched them out they said my loop was too long I was like how I had Full 1.544Mbps up and down when I first installed it 6months ago they then told me my line had been rerouted in the ground to the CO with out My permission which is a BIG NONO those fu*k**rs got a ear full lol but anyway check out my current ping time to your site even tho I am not a full speed.

Pinging www.testmy.net [69.93.219.61] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 69.93.219.61: bytes=32 time=80ms TTL=47

Reply from 69.93.219.61: bytes=32 time=70ms TTL=47

Reply from 69.93.219.61: bytes=32 time=60ms TTL=47

Reply from 69.93.219.61: bytes=32 time=81ms TTL=47

Ping statistics for 69.93.219.61:

Packets: Sent = 10, Received = 10, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 60ms, Maximum = 81ms, Average = 71ms

sheesh.. ya might as well get DSL 512 for those speeds :?

fill out my form at http://www.testmy.net/bandwidth_quote.html if you want to see some other T1 providers in your area.. prices include loops and everything... leave those guys if they are pullin' that stuff... you should get no less than 1.544 Mbps if ya got a t1 and your latency to my server should be like 30 ms :)

- Damon

You leasing that line from USWEST?

those evil bastards... I have to deal with them here in AZ, they are actually USUALLY pretty good about hitting 'advertised' speeds ~~ but every now and then they will sell someone who is actually out of their loop and too far from the ped ~~ twisted pair does not like to play that game, it is a very touchy system..... that's why the cable system RULES! ;-)

stupid QWORST

• 4 weeks later...
what is T1 really' date=' I never got that, can anyone explain that to me[/quote']

T1 is dedicated line that goes directly from your office to your Internet Service Provider. A T1 isquite different than a normal DSL or cable connection. Unlike a DSL connection, a T1's dedicated connection provides guaranteed bandwidth, since the line is not shared with other users. It provides transmission at 1.544Mbps. The cost of a T1 ranges about $300 - $900.

You can check the price to your location by using my tool located at https://testmy.net/bandwidth_quote.html

- Damon Mueller

- Owner/Admin

• 1 year later...

Old t1 forums, how can his t1 be messed up this bad though, isn't that what you pay for is low pings and good speeds?

if the ISP does what he said they did, reroute his line then that will happen. Were I work we had a T1 for about 6 months and about 4 months in it just started slowing down it would get slower each week, i called them up and they had rerouted our line and merged it with another office, so we cancled them got a T1 from bellsouth and the speeds were right back at 1.5mbps up and down.