Windows 7 7057 out.......

ninjageek

When I found out 7057 Did not expire until march of 2010 I decided to take the plunge. All I can say is WOW. I have it installed, While I made the jump from Xp I am still learning the ins and outs this thing is impressive to say the least.

I am using it on my C drive. This will be my new os if they don't change much. This thing Rocks. Give it a shot if ya can.

i love windows 7. just watch out...i had build 7000....and for some reason every time i booted up it would go to a lower resolution...and as far as i got with it before it wouldnt boot up at all for some odd reason i had to wipe my hard disk...

although, when it worked fine, which was quite a long time, I loved it. i used it and never booted xp unless i needed to

I have used Build 7000 32 bit & 64 bit without any problems to speak of. I'm going to wait for M$ to release RC1(build 7057) in April so I can get the 64 bit version. :cool:

It must of been released early. Its the one I am on as I type this. If you can't find it let me know. I used but torrent and downloaded it. So far I am digging it. When it goes final I will for sure buy it. I am almost sure the 64 bit is out as well. I got it from demoniod. Its a slightly modified version but works great. Got my key from microsoft.

Its strange. Microsoft really does not care who has this on there computer. Seems like the key thing is just a trial run. Anyone can get a free key from microsoft, really takes no time at all. I think its hey here is a free trial of it, use it. This thing gets released its gonna be Huge. Microsoft really learned there lessons from vista.

They have even made changes because of user imput. Sorry about the link Was not sure about it. Think this Windows 7 will be the next Xp. Everyone will use it and hang on to it as long as possible. Just hope the price is not silly expensive.

One thing is forsure. My xp is still faster to boot than Windows 7.

Microsoft was given the Beta out to anyone that had a Msn or Hotmail account back in January. Microsoft has for now, stop giving out the Beta version .. In April Microsoft is suppose to start allowing the downloading of the  Windows7 RC version. My guess is you will still need a MSN or Hotmail account to get it from Microsoft.

Like Coknuck, I am waiting for the Microsoft release before I download it.

Microsoft was given the Beta out to anyone that had a Msn or Hotmail account back in January. Microsoft has for now, stop giving out the Beta version .. In April Microsoft is suppose to start allowing the downloading of the  Windows7 RC version. My guess is you will still need a MSN or Hotmail account to get it from Microsoft.

Cool. I can then get the new RC version and put it on my 8 or 9 year old 512MB ram, 1.5ghz system. ...Windows 7 Still beats Vista Basic by a mile in speed too(and the Vista basic 1 year old machine has a Gig of Ram and 1.8GHz single processor).

Hopefully it's just a notification at my snotmail account for the Microsoft download site to get the RC version.

And Standby and the Areo interface does not work on the old machine of course(lacking ram space).

They must of changed there minds. I just my key yesterday. Activated just fine.

Did some checking around. Rignt now all you can get is the 32 bit version of Windows 7RC. The official launch of Windows 7RC from Microsoft is April 10, as a right now. Then you should be able to get the 32 bit and the 64 bit versions right from Microsoft.I am going to wait till April ,so I can get the 64 bit version. Right now I have the 64 bit version of Windows7 beta. Got it back in January. So far the only real problem I had with it was playing my older games, they would lock up or not play at all. That problem seem to have been solve with the new release of video drivers from Nvidia. This computer pretty much run 24/7. If I am not using the computer, it is running folding@ home.

Edit - Did some more checking, It seem that the 64 bit version has been leaked out too.

Yea its beta, The only place to get it is from a torrent site. Not sure why there was a problem with the link buts its cool. Microsoft has no problems with anyone putting this on there machine.

I'm sure discretion should be used when posting torrent sites, there typically not hosting programs that should be given out for free, so I stand by coknucks decision to remove the link, just wanted to clear that up.

aar, again, I always enjoy hearing something was " leaked " , no such thing, just like many of the programs and applications people download from torrent sites, many are beta's, and trials, that are meant to be tried, then paid for .  :angel:

I'm sure discretion should be used when posting torrent sites, there typically not hosting programs that should be given out for free, so I stand by coknucks decision to remove the link, just wanted to clear that up.

aar, again, I always enjoy hearing something was " leaked " , no such thing, just like many of the programs and applications people download from torrent sites, many are beta's, and trials, that are meant to be tried, then paid for .  :angel:

Ahhhhhhh now that makes sense. Not the problem with the link itself but the site it is hosted on. Figured there was some good reason. Just hated to ask, sound like I am complaning like a littel girl. Never stoped to think about the site itself being the problem. But makes sense. My bad. Sorry about that mistake.