Why should I have to call my provider to get speeds that I pay for?

keith1178

I have been having issues with my speeds for a few days and I finally called Time Warner to find out why.  During the chat they tell me first of all that 60% of the advertised speed is acceptable.  I told them that was only if they were paying my bill.  After telling me that there was nothing wrong with their end my modem mysteriously rebooted and now this morning I am running above what is advertised.  Do providers cheat people who do not know any better?

I have been having issues with my speeds for a few days and I finally called Time Warner to find out why.  During the chat they tell me first of all that 60% of the advertised speed is acceptable.  I told them that was only if they were paying my bill.  After telling me that there was nothing wrong with their end my modem mysteriously rebooted and now this morning I am running above what is advertised.  Do providers cheat people who do not know any better?

One of my friends payed for a 8/512 tier for over 6 months before he speed tested it. He was getting about 4 down. He tested it for over a month before calling and never got above 4 down. He was obviously capped at that. He called they said we will "try this". They reboot his modem and he never gets below 8 now. He was set at a 4 tier for months and payed for twice that. I think they do it on purpose because many people dont even know how to test it much less what it means.

After telling me that there was nothing wrong with their end my modem mysteriously rebooted and now this morning I am running above what is advertised.  Do providers cheat people who do not know any better?

It's amazing what happens when you tell the provider, you know what your speeds are.  :knuppel2:  Various posts all over the Internet on that subject.  :brave: 

for teh longest time ever i was testing out at 1.5mbps which i thought was awesome since i should have only gotten 1mbps down....and i happened to look at the bill (before i moved out of my parents house) and was like mom that says you are paying for the 3mbps download....turns out after a long chat with a few choice words from me to them they admitted that the 1mbps package was no longer available and they just hadnt moved anyone up to the next package as promised....  :shocked:

cableone blows...but hey thats what im on now...i cant argue though, it works fine now