Can anyone stop this please!

ratchet

So even though I only browse with Firefox, I updated from 7 to IE8 yesterday.  Now, on a Vista notebook, every time I use CCleaner I get this crazy testbox.  I pocked all around security and tool settings but can't get rid of it.  Doesn't occur with XP so it's some kind of IE8/Vista issue.  Thank You!

screenshot001fli.png

w1280.png

IE sucks... the newer the version, tghe more so. Try firefox or any other browser. You'll be less prone to hacker attacks and it will perform better for you. Last thing I heard was you can't even downgraqde IE once you have upgraded. Microsoft kinda sucks cuz once they get something working ok, it's "good enough" :cheesy:

I agree but it never did prior to IE8.

I understood that you were using XP before this problem occurred. I figured it was just due to the upgrade to Vista. Huh. I have to go with Ryan on this one. Maybe it is just taking longer to delete were as before it was quicker so the box didnt pop up. I dunno man.

IE sucks... the newer the version, tghe more so. Try firefox or any other browser. You'll be less prone to hacker attacks and it will perform better for you. Last thing I heard was you can't even downgraqde IE once you have upgraded. Microsoft kinda sucks cuz once they get something working ok, it's "good enough" :cheesy:

He normally uses FF. This just comes up when he is using a program that cleans all browsers at once basically.

Im running Vista Home Premium SP1 on a Dell laptop and I also went from IE7 to IE8 yesterday.I also have the same version of CCleaner that you have and that box has never come up on mine.I went to Tools/Internet Options and Under "Browsing History" and with the box checked and unchecked I ran CCleaner and did not get the message box.First I would uninstall CCleaner and try a reinstall. Revo Uninstaller is a good program.

Im running Vista Home Premium SP1 on a Dell laptop and I also went from IE7 to IE8 yesterday.I also have the same version of CCleaner that you have and that box has never come up on mine.I went to Tools/Internet Options and Under "Browsing History" and with the box checked and unchecked I ran CCleaner and did not get the message box.First I would uninstall CCleaner and try a reinstall. Revo Uninstaller is a good program.

:iamwithstupid: Thanks for that. Revo is the bomb!

• 2 months later...

I have one stupid question, (though I may be a little late to help on this one), About the version of CCleaner your currently using, was it already installed when you upgraded? if so try uninstalling CCleaner than reinstall it with the latest version, I find that every once in a while after an upgrade with Micro-notso-soft an already installed program will get messed up or changed a bit and run incorrectly if at all, and remember Microsoft doesn't care, they're greedy as all hell and they got your money already, Microsoft only brown-noses/cares about corporates/business' running Vista