computer dont work

JH2688

Look on this page, in my opinion, you want a PFC power supply when running good video cards, it uses the power better, and from what I understand, more stability, which video cards depend on BIG time.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2000320058+4026+1131509966&Configurator=&Subcategory=58&description=&Ntk=&SpeTabStoreType=&srchInDesc=

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right now i dont know what ill get, ill probably end up buying something that costs more than i would like to spend. its like when i bought my monitor, i walk into best buy to buy a 19" for about $100 i end up walking out spend $230 for a 22 inch, but i dont regret that, because i love the screen. 

right now i dont know what ill get, ill probably end up buying something that costs more than i would like to spend. its like when i bought my monitor, i walk into best buy to buy a 19" for about $100 i end up walking out spend $230 for a 22 inch, but i dont regret that, because i love the screen. 

I'm the same way, so I take my time, and enjoy looking, and learning what all the features are, so I get the one that suits the specific installation the best. Post when you find one that you like, or whatever hey ?

well i got my new PS today. and when I connected everything i get NOTHING. its doing the same as the other PS's did. when i plug it in everything turns on. and nothing shows up on the monitor. What the hell could the problem be.

well i got my new PS today. and when I connected everything i get NOTHING. its doing the same as the other PS's did. when i plug it in everything turns on. and nothing shows up on the monitor. What the hell could the problem be.

Sounds exactly like the wrong wires in the separate four at the end of the 20 going to the MB, the ones that go to the video card will not work on the MB, but will work in a video card. The voltages are different.

They will slide right in though, but if you look closely, the little shapes in the plug are different between the two.

EDIT, even if they were attached to the large power plug, that doesn't mean they were supposed to go in the MB. I don't know why they do that, but there's been several times they were slid in there from the box, and I had to slide them out. and put the correct one in there.

what? i dont even have the graphics card in

I'll say it differently.

The main power for the motherboard has several wires connected together, they plug into the motherboard. There is generally four wires in a square configuration connected at the end that can be removed to be fit into the motherboard , right next to the main power plug.

These wires don't go into the motherboard.   Look into the plug itself, the end coming from the power supply, you will see there are different shapes in there,  two diagonally that have like "square corners on them.

It's the exact opposite of the connecting wires coming from the power supply that certain video cards take.

See what I mean yet ? You have to look close at the plastic piece that you plug into the motherboard, the one with the four wires in it.

i took the extra 4 out but still the same.

ok, now that there out look at them close, no sense in turning it on, you need power there, just look comming from the power supply, there will be two "four" wire "square" connectors that look identical until you look close.

the 4 connector attached to the main supplys are exactly the same as the ones on the MB. there are 2 other 4 pin connectors, one as 2 squares plugs diagnoly and the other one has 4 plugs with rounded corners.

As long as your positive, because I have had that problem. And when this is done, what happens is precisely what you are describing, a couple fans come on, but nothing else works, and no system "beeps".

yeah im positive the 4 plugs on the MB is the only one that is an exact match.

when i plug it in everything turnes on. i even here beeps. i just get no picture

edit: cd drive works, hard drive is on(light is also on), cpu fans is running, both fans are running.

yeah im positive the 4 plugs on the MB is the only one that is an exact match.

when i plug it in everything turnes on. i even here beeps. i just get no picture

edit: cd drive works, hard drive is on(light is also on), cpu fans is running, both fans are running.

Alright , you said you didn't have a video card in there, so I take it you have on board video Although I thought earlier in the thread you said no on board video, I must be mistaken.

Sounds then like you need to reset the bios again now that you have a new PS. I would think if you had on board video, that resetting the bios would render the thing active during boot.

If this isn;t the case, then put the video card in, and it should work, unless of course in this fiasco, the thing is burnt.

thats some good advice but i did all that.

i tried resetting the MB

The MB does have onboard video

I tried putting the video card in and still the same.

I'm going to test all the components with another computer to make sure they all work.

You posted that the machine worked fine w/ another PS in it, so whats different since then ?

since the time when it worked with a different PS, i switched the PS with an older one that noone was using, and during that time i had a power outage; which blew that PS(i think).

and now here we are at the beginning again.

I just tested the new PS and hard drive and they work just fine.