computer dont work

JH2688

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How exactly are you resetting the bios, because we don't know for certain that we are, since we can't see it. I know you know what your doing, but have you done the jumper thing, because you should in my opinion , pull the battery for a couple minutes as well. If you havent already, I mean for at least 3 or 5 minutes to be sure, although a couple seconds should work, I wouldn't be absolutely positive since I can't see it.

Is there a way i can test the cpu to make sure its still good. I know that you can take it out and put it into another MB to see if it works, but i dont know anyone that has a MB that would work, everyone has intel.

I've tried using only 1 stick and it didn't do anything. I could possibly take the memory out of my parents computer, but i'd have to see if theres would even work.

Is there a way i can test the cpu to make sure its still good. I know that you can take it out and put it into another MB to see if it works, but i dont know anyone that has a MB that would work, everyone has intel.

I've tried using only 1 stick and it didn't do anything. I could possibly take the memory out of my parents computer, but i'd have to see if theres would even work.

I wouldn't go pulling the CPU unless I knew I had a compatible board, and thermal grease, and you have ruled everything else out. I would say no, not the CPU because your not showing the bios. The problem is before the CPU comes into play. It doesn't POST, then it's a system board, memory, power issue. I'm sure there's others that it could be but you get the idea.

So starting at the beginning,  it was running, then lights flickered, and nothing else, right ?

I wouldn't go pulling the CPU unless I knew I had a compatible board, and thermal grease, and you have ruled everything else out. I would say no, not the CPU because your not showing the bios. The problem is before the CPU comes into play. It doesn't POST, then it's a system board, memory, power issue. I'm sure there's others that it could be but you get the idea.

So starting at the beginning,  it was running, then lights flickered, and nothing else, right ?

correct, its started running as soon as i plug it into the wall. everything seems to run fine. There are NO beeps(i'm not sure if there was any before this problem, because i never paid attention to that)

On a side note I just found out i an take my MB out of my case without actually unscrewing everything. heres a pic. (the pic was taken with my cell phone so its kinda poor quality)

Be careful on the carpet w/ any electronic parts, static will kill them instantly.

oh well, Nothing is going to get me more pissed off at it

i took out all of the ram and tried it and there should be a beep to indicate that there is no ram, but there is no beep. it is looking more like the MB is bad.

oh well, Nothing is going to get me more pissed off at it

i took out all of the ram and tried it and there should be a beep to indicate that there is no ram, but there is no beep. it is looking more like the MB is bad.

Well at least you are buying a new one at a great time, when you have a new power supply  :haha:  Sorry man, I'm just that way, look on the bright side, right ?

I just can;t think of anything else other than that little power plug thing I mentioned.

I don't think that there was a power surge, I really think that something touched the inside of the case, or something,  when you put the other, not the new, PS in, and shorted the motherboard out.

when i had that old crappy PS in, it was working. but what your saying is that because of the PS somehow shorted out the MB.

Well at least you are buying a new one at a great time, when you have a new power supply  :haha:  Sorry man, I'm just that way, look on the bright side, right ?

I just can;t think of anything else other than that little power plug thing I mentioned.

If this was a year ago i wouldn't really care if i had to buy another one. I had money a year ago.

when i had that old crappy PS in, it was working. but what your saying is that because of the PS somehow shorted out the MB.

If this was a year ago i wouldn't really care if i had to buy another one. I had money a year ago.

Lots of things can happen, it only takes a little tweak of the motherboard to connect with the metal case, and bam, ask me, Iv'e ruined one myself.  Not saying this is what occurred. just my hypothesis from going on this journey with you for the last day.