how do I increase menu size in vista?

ninjageek

While Its not really vista. Its windows 7. I simply have yet to figure out how to increase the menu size. The setting that when you open the browser and hit the bookmarks, that menu opens up. I can do it no problem in Xp just not sure how to do it in vista.

Also how do I get to the setting that stops the monitor from shutting off after 15 min of no activity?  Oh one last one, How to turn of system restore?  I use norton ghost so system restore is something I don't need.

Will say a long time user of Xp this jump to windows 7 has not been as bad as I figured it would be. Google has helped tons. I thank you tons in advance.

I am on windows7 right now, but I think it the same for Vista too. To change the amount of time the monitor stay on before the monitor goes to sleep. Control Panel / Power Option / click on change plan settings / change the time next to Turn off the  display.

To turn off System Restore.  Control Panel / System / Click on System Protection / click on the drive your want to change, then click on configure / click on Turn off system Protection / click Ok.

Ok that helped buntz. I am on windows 7 as well, never had vista on this box, well I did put it on a for a bit..........then removed it.

Found on the control panel to change the settings to icons. That helped. Still working on learning it.

Now just gotta figure out how to adjust the menue size and settings. Hope someone can help with that.

The picture below. The bookmark from the browser. Trying to make the text bigger.

The only way I know to increase text size is hold down the Ctrl key and use the scroll wheel on your mouse or hold the Ctrl key down and use the + and - to increase or decrease the text size.

Edit: doesn't seem to work on the bookmark column.

I know you can change the  "DPI" or dot per inch scale to increase the font size by right click on the desktop, then personalize, the adjust font or DPI I don't remember what it's called, you can even customize it.  I don't know about windows 7 though. Hope it helped.

To increase the text size  in windows7 you can try this. Control Panel / Display / click on Medium-125% This will increase the text size in your bookmarks, toolbars and in the start menu.

I still have DEP on and I have the first version of Halo and Quake 4 running on Windows 7. I did have to download the latest video drivers from Nvidia to get them to work right. I run a 9800GX2 video card on 64 bit Windows7.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_x64_181.71_beta.html

The one game I am playing again is OLD. Its manhunt. Yea everything is updated. I know how to toggle it back on so its no biggie.

Always have a backup of my OS with ghost so even if things turn south Its cool. Just learning the ins and outs of windows 7 so when it does go final I can hit the ground running.