Bill Gate's High School Speech.

pixiepistlz

Well, it's about that time of year for Graduations and lessons to come. [nerdly]:afro:  I posted this for the younger generation members here.  :lol:

This should be posted in all schools and work places

Love him or hate him, he sure hits the nail on the head with this! Bill Gates recently gave a speech at a High School about 11 things they did not and will not learn in school. He talks about how feel-good, politically correct teachings created a generation of kids with no concept of reality and how this concept set them up for failure in the real world.

Rule 1: Life is not fair - get used to it!

Rule 2 : The world won't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.

Rule 3 : You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.

Rule 4 : If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.

Rule 5 : Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping: they called it opportunity.

Rule 6: If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault, so don't whine about your mistakes, learn from them.

Rule 7: Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's generation, try delousing the closet in your own room

Rule 8: Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools, they have abolished failing grades and they'll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.

Rule 9: Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. Do that on your own time..

Rule 10: Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

Rule 11: Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.

If you agree, pass it on.

If you can read this - Thank a teacher!

Most of all Thank A Veteran for keeping our country free so this can be passed on to someone else.

that is a very profound message...whoever said it...but i don't remember who...i don't think it was bill gates...it'll come to me later...in the meantime...it still totally applies...

This list is the work of Charles J. Sykes, author of the 1996 book Dumbing Down Our Kids: Why American Children Feel Good About Themselves But Can't Read, Write, Or Add.

:haha: :haha: Gotta love this guy.

http://www.snopes.com/language/document/liferule.asp

Might as well add the last three then.  :evil6:

12) Smoking does not make you look cool. It makes you look moronic. Next time your out cruising, watch an 11-year old with a butt in his mouth. Thats what you look like to anyone over 20. Ditto for "expressing yourself" with purple hair and/or pierced body parts.

13) You are not immortal. (See Rule No. 12) If you are under the impression that living fast, dying young and leaving a beautiful corpse is romantic, you obviously haven't seen one of your peers at room temperature lately.

14) Enjoy this while you can. Sure parents are a pain, school's a bother, and life is depressing. But someday you'll realize how wonderful it was to be a kid. Maybe you should start now. You're welcome.

[nerdly]

Might as well add the last three then.  :evil6:

12) Smoking does not make you look cool. It makes you look moronic. Next time your out cruising, watch an 11-year old with a butt in his mouth. Thats what you look like to anyone over 20. Ditto for "expressing yourself" with purple hair and/or pierced body parts.

13) You are not immortal. (See Rule No. 12) If you are under the impression that living fast, dying young and leaving a beautiful corpse is romantic, you obviously haven't seen one of your peers at room temperature lately.

14) Enjoy this while you can. Sure parents are a pain, school's a bother, and life is depressing. But someday you'll realize how wonderful it was to be a kid. Maybe you should start now. You're welcome.

[nerdly]

Flawed logic, a child can never realize how wonderful it is to be a child. Otherwise they would no longer be able to enjoy being a child due to the knowledge that realization would require.  :uglystupid2::2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

omgosh...who woulda thought that was in snopes...ur so smert... :smitten:

it's still all very true...and alotta stuff that high schoolers need to hear...there was a time when school actually DID teach u about real life...damn now i forgot...what was that class called...anyway it was required for graduation...taught u alot of hard realities...it'll come to me when i'm not thinkin about it...bet u can't "snope" that one shugar :)

omgosh...who woulda thought that was in snopes...ur so smert... :smitten:

it's still all very true...and alotta stuff that high schoolers need to hear...there was a time when school actually DID teach u about real life...damn now i forgot...what was that class called...anyway it was required for graduation...taught u alot of hard realities...it'll come to me when i'm not thinkin about it...bet u can't "snope" that one shugar :)

Hi Beautiful!  :kiss: :kiss: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: ....... aaaand a lil of BAM :booty: BAM that for ya.

Hi Beautiful!  :kiss: :kiss: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: ....... aaaand a lil of BAM :booty: BAM that for ya.

huh!!?? :smitten:

anyway...i remember it was called "senior problems"...yep it was a real class...one semester...taught u all the stuff u were too childish to hear before... about what the real world was gonna be like

no actually most teachers i know work in the summer and those that don't take reduced pay thru the school year so that they get paid thru the summer too...but most choose to work...doing various...some even tutor...

no actually most teachers i know work in the summer and those that don't take reduced pay thru the school year so that they get paid thru the summer too...but most choose to work...doing various...some even tutor...

Same in Missouri. It can differ per state though. Maybe even by district. Who knows but the  teachers.  [nerdly]