IE 8 - Nothing but problems

dn0

What would be the easiest way to roll back to IE 7 without a system restore?

The reason I don't want to restore is I recently cleaned out a Trojan, and don't want it to return.

IE 8 has several issues (for me anyways); one of the biggest is logging into my Outlook Web Access (work email) via IE.

It was a pretty good interface via IE 7, but now it's just a pain.

For example, I have to re-log in every time I open an email, or any Outlook window at that.

I see nothing special about IE8 and would rather roll back...

Thanks-

Have tried removing it from Add and Remove Programs? If not go ahead and remove it and it will automatically reinstall IE7!

There we go, I unchecked IE under Add/Remove Windows Components. ( I did not see IE8 under Add/Remove Programs, directly)

Now the shortcuts are gone, so I downloaded IE7 from MSoft.

Now, it is telling me setup cannot proceed because a newer (and CRAPPIER!) version is already installed.

Any idea how I can blow out version 8 all together?

(Frickin' Bill Gates - did anyone see that South Park? If so you know what I'm talking about).

Did you check the box at the top to show updates in add and remove? If not do that and see if it is there.

EDIT: This time you need not to worry if you want to switch back to older version of IE6 or IE7. You will find IE8 in add/remove programs list. To Uninstall IE8 from command line you need to execute below from command prompt:

%windir%ie8spuninstspuninst.exe

After uninstall you must restart the system to avoid any unexpected errors.

http://www.thetechhub.com/2009/03/how-to-uninstall-ie8-on-windows-xp.html

Did you check the box at the top to show updates in add and remove? If not do that and see if it is there.

EDIT: This time you need not to worry if you want to switch back to older version of IE6 or IE7. You will find IE8 in add/remove programs list. To Uninstall IE8 from command line you need to execute below from command prompt:

%windir%ie8spuninstspuninst.exe

After uninstall you must restart the system to avoid any unexpected errors.

http://www.thetechhub.com/2009/03/how-to-uninstall-ie8-on-windows-xp.html

Thanks Coknuck - it was the 'Show Updates' that I did not have checked.

After I checked that I was able to un-install IE 8; which forced it back to IE 7 like you thought and now everything is working just as well as it was before.

I appreciate the assistance.

Much to my suprise people still use firefox?  :evil6: It did horrible things to my speeds.

Might have something to do with your specific connection ? Just yesterday I had to install FF to edit the html code on a website, and wow, it has come along way, runs, appears just as efficient as safari does on the mac.

Internet Explorer, people still use that? :uglystupid2:

I actually really only use IE to access my work email anymore (built in interface to MS Outlook), otherwise FF is much more friendly to me, speeds are good with it also. :smile2: