buying new hardware need some advice.........

ninjageek

Gonna buy some new hardware and need some imput.

This is the mouse I am looking at..........http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104076

Here Is the video car I think I will go with......http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130470

I went with that video card because no complaints it was to long and needed only one hook up to power the card. In short think thats about the best card for my power supply (450) and seems to fit.

Oh If you care this is my new keyboard. While I did not get it from tiger direct, I found a better place to get it I hope with free shipping. Crossing my fingers it all works out.......................http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=2935483&sku=M17-1861&srkey=MICROSOFT%20RECLUSA%20GAMING%20KEYBOARD

Seems of Late with video Cards its more of what will fit in your case.They are getting super long. Seen Lots of comments on how someone wanted to upgrade there video card but the new one simply would not fit into there case.

I would not even be going through this upgrade but Was to lazy and never got around to getting myself a decent surge protector. That bit me in the a@#. Just thankful It did not get my motherboard. Sure seemed to get everything else. So My setup Got 4 gig of new ram, A new processor, went with the dual core 3Ghz. I am just your average gammer and thats about it so a dual core is all I need.

Decided to get the new Keyboard because I always wanted a gammer type keyboard and The one I got simply looks cool and got some good reviews on several sites. The mouse is another upgrade I been wanting to do. Just been doing it a bit at a time. With the video card and mouse that should finish up my upgrading. Yes I got a really good surge protector so It should get me by for a couple of years then I will build  new one.

Strange, I bought a new cpu fan a few months ago but never put it in and dont rember why? So When I installed my new Cpu and put the new fan in as well. I saved all my old stuff so I just had a old dual core laying around that I used until the new one was bought. Last thing to do is replace my harddrives but that no big hurry and I will buy them Local. Just watch for sales. Upgrading is no fun and hope with this one I am done.

Upgrading is no fun and hope with this one I am done.

This would be where you and I differ,  I really get into configuring a system, doing the research behind which components will not only work like there supposed to , not just "work" , but doing everything I can to make sure all the components in there are in sync together like an orchestra , because they aren't all supposed to even go with each other, although they will work most the time. And people wonder why they have all these error messages and system crashes.

Hope you get through it w/o too much grief lol