boot up problems

TheArtworkGuy

Hello everyone,

Every time my comp. boots up i have to press F1 to continue before the OS loads up.  It's been like that since i built it, and it's getting really annoying since I have a wireless keyboard that isn't recognized until the OS loads up.  Lately even my regular USB keyboard isn't able to press F1 to boot up.  I'm going to try and hook it up with a PS2 adapter, but I'd really like to just skip the whole F1 process if I can.

If you go into the BIOS, somewhere you should be able to disable the floppy drive.  The computer is prolly searching for a floppy drive and giving you an error because it can't find one..

Yes, as another poster said, you need to go into the BIOS and disable the floppy drive.

You may be more comfortable getting the local teen geek to do this for you.

EDIT: You may need to use an usb to ps2 adapter for your keyboard to do this.

i tried disabling that a long time ago but it didnt fix the problem.  i'll try again once i find an adapter.

i'm the local post teen geek :oops:

does anyone know of a way to enable a wireless USB keyboard for the bios?  i suppose ill try plugging the wireless connector in via the ps2 adapter and see if it works.

thanks!

Look in the BIOS for Boot Up Floppy Seek and disable that as well as the floppy in the boot sequence.

That should solve the hit F! to continue annoyance on bootup.

If that doesn't work, as a last resort, try going into standard features in BIOS and setting halt on to all but diskette and keyboard.

That should also allow your keyboard to work through the usb port.

Note: If you need to get back into BIOS after doing this you will prolly need to reconnect the keyboard to the ps2 port to do it.