Unlimited ?!?!

untitled

If Cablenut looks to complicated you may want to go back to dial-up.  All you need to do is do a speed test first.  This will let you know what you currently have.  The install the Cablenut software.  Just run the "Setup".  Now depending on the typ of internet and your speeds choose the appropiate file to install in the Cablenut.  You do this by file, open, and choose the appropiate css file.  Reboot the PC and do a few more speed tests.  If you do not have a good speed increase the PC is either set correctly or you need to try another css file.  Nothing difficult about it.  My 10 year old can do this.

I wouldn't say anyone needs to go changing there ISP due to not understanding something, thats not what this site represents. The advice afterward however, is more on the lines of what testmy.net is all about.

I wouldn't say anyone needs to go changing there ISP due to not understanding something, thats not what this site represents. The advice afterward however, is more on the lines of what testmy.net is all about.

well i see that untitled was back here since he last posted in this topic...but didn't post anything...how sad that he's been left with this kind of impression of tmn...tsk tsk

I have been through rougher times in a forum before. Some have thinner skins than others. But I also truly understand. Just should not take too much on the internet too personal really. Give everything and everyone a little leaway and you never know what you'll find under the rock. Like me ...  :evil:

yeh but this guy was only here for a couple of posts before some rude comment was thrown at him without so much as a welcome first...just sad...probably not meant to sound that way but obviously it did...i think we need to think about what we say...like muddy said nobody should be told to go back to dial up just cuz they don't understand or need more detailed instructions...nobody is looked at as a newbie here...that's how other forums do it...not us...nobody is told to "go google it" that's not how we do it...that how other forum do it...flaming is not allowed her...that's how other forums do it...plain and simple...

i feel bad for this guy...came here to ask a question and was made to feel stupid for asking...RUDE!! very rude...

BTW tommie...thanks for posting the link to speed guide...that should have never been added to the censored sites (probably don't by someone that's not here any more...ahem*cough)...we wouldn't have caught it if you hadn't posted it and questioned it...ca3le needs to contact them now because they've been linking in for years. so thank you

:cool:

I have been through rougher times in a forum before. Some have thinner skins than others. But I also truly understand. Just should not take too much on the internet too personal really. Give everything and everyone a little leaway and you never know what you'll find under the rock. Like me ...  :evil:

I bet you didnt aquire 10,000 posts at those forums either.  :wink:

I must say though that at this point it seems to be beating a dead horse. knight was rude, he was called out for it and that is that. It is now obvious that it is not acceptable to act that way. Hopefully the OP will come back. We all screw up, but none of us want to hear about it for 2+ pages.

I bet you didnt aquire 10,000 posts at those forums either.  :wink:

I must say though that at this point it seems to be beating a dead horse. knight was rude, he was called out for it and that is that. It is now obvious that it is not acceptable to act that way. Hopefully the OP will come back. We all screw up, but none of us want to hear about it for 2+ pages.

Unless your the dead horse.  :wink: Or is that mule?  :kiss:

Unless your the dead horse.  :wink: Or is that mule?  :kiss:

:haha: You would be the first one to say "Hey stop beating him... I.. I love him."  :azn::smitten::kiss:

In case you misunderstood I didnt mean you were beating a dead horse I mean everyone including our mother. She is the one who is supposed to keep us from doing that.  :haha: :haha:

My ass would be on dial up.  :haha: Thats not a joke either.  :uglystupid2:

I think that holds true for all. Everyone has held the shit end of the knowledge stick some time in their lives! :shocked:

What's that old saying "let he who is without sin, cast the first stone" so keep those fuck rocks in your pocket! :angel:

We all need to kill at least one computer trying out things.  :twisted:

Or at least have to hit the Restore button to fix an Ooooooops.  :oops:  Thats what is nice about having a second Hard Drive to save things too, in case the main Drive with the operating system on it tanks by corruption of the operating system.

Tweaks on dialup were real easy. Tweaks on highSpeed Internet connections are a bit more fussy, but still doable.  I've read quite a few posts of people over time, who have a crappy ISP and have taken what the ISP support staff says for the truth and then the user just dissolves in to oblivion from the headache of who's right and what is the real fix to the speeds(get a better ISP mostly). And just why is the ISP not responsible for the crap that some support spews forth? I think there is one on here(and a couple of other forums) where support(of Xplornet I think it was, for an Alberta user) said two gigs of ram was not enough to surf fast in Vista. But the user adding 2 more gigs did not help and the couple of posts just ended from the instant frustration(of many months of being lied too  by the ISP, to do with what the real problem with speeds is).  

There is no magic Internet speed program, that is an instant fix. You have to try various codes to see which one is the best, for your particular connection methods.

I'll apologise here to everyone else also.  I did send the initial recipient an apology with a copy going to our illustrious secretary.  The first warning I got I did not see where I needed to apoligise.  I may have very well overlooked but did heed the warning.  I reread my post and can see where it can be construed as mean and so forth.  I did give some concise instructions after the first comment, then the last could have been misconstrued again.  The first was a poor attempt at sarcasim.  If I really felt that he should go back to dial-up I would not have mentioned anything else afterwards.  The last statement is true in that my 10 year old does use Cablenut on his computer and helps his friends with it on thiers.  Again without knowing everything I can see the misconception.

In forum's such as this words do not always convey what is trying to be said.  As mentioned above I have also been a recipient of similar because of my stong stance with patriotism and our military.  It ticks me off to no end and I do my best to calm down before responding.

Again I apologise for the poor misrepresentation to this guy right out of the box.

very nice and thank you... he'll understand and appreciate your sincerity i'm sure

"illustrious"...WOOT!! i've been trying to achieve that for years...j/k

dangit...guess i'll have to put my switch down now

He just said your "the shits". Don't sound so bad now does it? :kiss::smitten:

I mean everyone including our mother. She is the one who is supposed to keep us from doing that.  :haha: :haha:

are u speaking of me??...i hope not...i'm only here to pass out flowers...and make everyone wipe their feet or i bitch...it's ur job to keep the masses in line :haha: and what are u talking about 2 pages...we're on page 4 now :)

He just said your "the S#!ts". Don't sound so bad now does it? :kiss::smitten:

i know...shit i might have to be nice tomorrow too...nah...it's saturday

Just want to stay on her good side.

all my sides are good and i have pics to prove it...don't make me use 'em [nerd]

*grabs the damned switch one more time and buries it deep in the sand at the beach by moonlight*  :evil:

i knew it was u!!...that's okay i bought a box the last time... :smitten: