good laptop deal?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152095 ok this one just has a smaller clock speed...but 200 bucks cheaper...still to me anyways, seems super fast for stuff and is able to play cod 5 and stuff even crysis all on high settings, so if i am on a trip i know i will be entertained for a while lol

only major difference is that it doesnt have blu ray, but no biggie really, im not gonna buy blu ray movies just for a laptop so oh well  :lol:

edit of course, that model is a 6 cell batter, and the first link has a 9 cell...so thats quite a difference. idk

yeah im not buying dell after reading that, especially since that was my first computer brand cause i always heard their name so i had figured ....why not....but NO.

lol and i never have owned an HP but after dealing with them....NOPE. thats why i learned to build my own.  :haha: :haha:

Just get an apple man, you cant beat it, I know here we go with the apple bashing, but I'm not listening this time. Look , they have Intel chips on them, you can still run your pretty little windows OS ( sorry for the asinine talk, I run vista on a VM on mine lol ) so there a few bucks more, but look at it this way, you'll be much more productive if not only for the simple item called " stability " .  You can get a bad ass laptop for a grand, and let me say this, all these dozens of companies that buy parts and jam them into a whitebook and slap a color, and a catchy name on them are doing nothing more then trying to get your dollar, when apple on the other hand, does so much engineering to have certain parts manufactured specifically for each other.  Ah well, I'll stop now , no sense in continuing anyhow.  Good luck.

i'm looking into a mac actually, i just havent quite gotten used to the interface of a mac. but hey compared to vista im willing to learn what i dont already know  :2funny: :2funny:

but still. im not really sure if a mac is good for me...maybe though.....hahaha i'll use hackintosh website to put os X on a pc... JUST KIDDING.  :lol: that wouldnt be worth it.

might get a macbook, not sure...i have the tab open for them on newegg...but reading reviews still and comparing prices/specs/usage

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: mudmanc4, this macbook review is just for you 

Having owned computers since the earliest Commodores, I feel fairly well versed on many operating systems. I can honestly say Microsoft has nothing to worry about. I purchased this for the sole purpose of writing iPhone apps since Apple has made it a requirement. It will serve that purpose. I am sure many will point out the archaic key press combos to accomplish the tasks I have complained about. Others will comment about the virus free environment Apple enjoys (false sense of security in my opinion). Lastly, others will say I am just an ignorant Mac-basher.

he is complaining that there is no right click button on the touch pad also....   :roll:

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: mudmanc4, this macbook review is just for you 

he is complaining that there is no right click button on the touch pad also....   :roll:

Your always going to have people that talk S#!t, because that's all they know. For the  "false sense of security " notice he didn't back the statement up.  Everyone knows, whether there a windows person, or a mac person, that unix, and unix like ( for those out there ) operating systems are much more stable, and nearly impossible to crack into if configured properly. There not set up in any way like windows is.

The only people that will give a bad review are those that honestly, couldn't grasp the concept of the GUI, and or those that didn't take the time to. And of course those that hear all the complaining of those comments I just made, and follow them because they want people to think they know something.

There's no doubt at all that there is a learning curve, no doubt, Not unlike anything else in this world though is it. Remember the first time you put your hands on your windows machine ? well ? Well ?  Yes, it's that much different.

Im also saying the hardware makes all the difference as well, click on something, BAM, it's there, there's no registry to hold things up. You don't have to defragment, although you can, and I suppose it helps, but it's a third party piece of software. ok, I'm done.  Oh wait , as to the "archaic" key presses, uhhm, those are called shortcuts for those of us that chose to keep our hands on the keyboard, you can do virtually anything by shortcut, and in a split second, I discover them all the time, but there are so many, some fall out of my memory  :haha: I can honestly say , I have forgotten more shortcuts that are built in the mac os, then I think windows even has.  :haha:

I have a hard time commenting on when people say there's no right click button, it proves so many things I just said. How long do you think that person has used a mac? To make that statement, I would say less then a minute.

definately and even though i've always been a windows user, i 110% agree with your post  [nerd]

and honestly thats one problem i have using a mac, i just need to take time to sit down and learn shortcuts and how the gui functions, it wont be long after that that i may be a mac user instead.

as far as the no right clicking thing....that cracks me up when people complain about it, even i know these people just arent trying to use the system...they think its just windows with a different theme  :2funny: :2funny:

Just for the record,  on a mac, the touchpad is an extremely integral part of the system, especially the new glass ones. Either way, so you don't say stupid things that you don't know about just to sound like you know what your talking about anymore ( directed to no one) , to right click on a mac, place two fingers on the trackpad ( a natural position lol) and touch the button, wammo, right click options, only way cooler then windows  :haha: There's so many gestures on the trackpad , it's a wonder in technology in itself.

tommie, most macs on newegg are the same prices as windows laptops :P   

just as a fun thing to compare, since price isnt really an issue, whats the best bang for your buck laptop on newegg that you can find (anyone). without paying a huge price for things noone will use. 

i will use the laptop for movie watching, surfing, gaming, anything and everything i use my desktop for

At the same price I'd pesonally have to go with the MAC. And no spyware would be cool. That in itself would make it interesting. Ok very little anyway. Yeah, for the same price I'd have to try it on a laptop with mac. Desktop. Still not sure at the same price though.

Just my thoughts of course.  :smiley:

im still getting a windows based laptop but my next one after that will most likely be a macbook pro

You can run any windows operating system on a new mac.

Windows are easier, and more help with them if they break. OK or  crash.

There are millions of mac users, and there's no shortage of "help ".  I'm trying to think but I'm sure once one of my macs crashed, but I know it hasn't been for years, no I remember now, it was the iBook G4, it had a kernel panic, I found out they had a manufacturing issue with the video card , and they way they soldered it on the logic board, but i fixed it. I have four operating systems on it right now lol

As far as what you just said,  "windows are easier" , I thought in the post before that you said  "Ditto, my fingers have never touched a MAC yet. (taboo + virgin  )"  :haha:

You guy's trust me it's da bom !  I'm waiting, or maybe it's already out, I know the firmware is, but I was waiting for the second generation Macbook Pro to pop out, and I'm getting that, hopefully in about two weeks.

2.93GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

8GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM

320GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200 rpm

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT with 512MB

I'm frickin freakin the freak out, that thing's gonna crush rocks ! You can get a solid state HDD , but they want $700 for the 256 GB, and that "aint" me.