20mbps for 60 bucks. Is it worth it??

ninjageek

Right now I have a 8 mbps connecton. I can jump it up to 20 for 60 bucks. Think I pay 45 for the 8mbps. Not sure what others are paying for the 20 mbps?? Any one have the 20 ?? How much you paying for it??.

I can get Phone service for 30 bucks which is something I wanns do. Hate cell phones and 30 a month seems fair. My 8 meg connection is 45 and cable is 55 I think???

The 20 meg, My phone, my cable will run close to 150.00. Thats the package deal Because I already have there cable and internet. My cable company (mediacom) is turning into a wall mart type business. Your thoughts??

You know, if that is your ISP, and that's what they offer, and you want, then the price is right. You know ?

Myself, I have no idea what it costs separated, I just went down and changed a couple things, we have two DVR boxes, and a digital box, some crappy TV package  ( don't know  or care cause I don;t watch the tripe to speak of ) a VoIP ( that will be installed the 20th) , and 15/7 bandwidth allowance.  And I pay $180.00 / month I know , ridiculous , but like I said, if they have it, and you want it, no matter the price, most ISP's are all across the board anyway from what Iv'e seen.

I actually am saving ten bucks, because I cancelled my 5 year old Vonage account where I paid 60 bucks / month, anymore, there system is a joke. I wanted to keep the USB phone, but they wanted around 30 bucks a month because I would have had to keep there service through my cable. They lost money, they could have gotten me to pay them something for the thing, but they are greedy, so they can kiss the warm spot  :haha:

How many left nuts do you have anyway. You give one away at least every few months.  :2funny: :2funny:

They dont work anymore anyway. I was snipped so who gives a shit.  :evil6: BTW I was born with 3.  :grin2:

Don't look now, but last time, it was your left nut he gave away  :evil6:

:haha: Loud mouth.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a update. BIG mistake. I made the jump to 20 Mbps From 8Mbps. The only time I saw the speeds was about 2 in the morning. During the day I got 4 maybe 5, By 10.30 I could get 10 or 11 Mbps. Talked to tech support a few times, they could see the problem but no idea how to fix it. Tired everythig, Reset the modum several times no luck. Finally gave up and Went back to 8Mbps. Speeds are fine now. I pull 7.6 or a tad more No matter what time of day. There solid and stay consistent. Live and Learn. Will Just stay with what I have. Works for me.

• 2 weeks later...

:grin: 20 mps for 60 bucks---In a millisecond-- I know sattellite is expensive anyway, but when I hear what people pay for great speeds It just gets me more upset.

I pay 149.00 per month for 2mps and 300kps with a 3 year contact (xplornet--hughesnet)  Top speed is 5mps--300 for around 300.00 smackers on a 3 year.

Forget voice over--they say skype should work--NOT!! 

I ordered magicjack--great idea--39.95 (includes jack and unlimited calling for a year) -- then the following year, its only 20.00 a year after that (licence fee)--free local and long distance US and Canada unlimited. 20.00 bucks for a year!!! Plug jack into USB and regular phone jack into other end--away you go Unbelievable, I could get rid of Bell for good. It works, but alas not for us poor unloved sattellite internet people. Gave it to my son who only has a cell phone--should save him a wack on long distance and local air time. Only draw back is no 911 identifying.

:grin: 20 mps for 60 bucks---In a millisecond-- I know sattellite is expensive anyway, but when I hear what people pay for great speeds It just gets me more upset.

I pay 149.00 per month for 2mps and 300kps with a 3 year contact (xplornet--hughesnet)  Top speed is 5mps--300 for around 300.00 smackers on a 3 year.

Forget voice over--they say skype should work--NOT!! 

I ordered magicjack--great idea--39.95 (includes jack and unlimited calling for a year) -- then the following year, its only 20.00 a year after that (licence fee)--free local and long distance US and Canada unlimited. 20.00 bucks for a year!!! Plug jack into USB and regular phone jack into other end--away you go Unbelievable, I could get rid of Bell for good. It works, but alas not for us poor unloved sattellite internet people. Gave it to my son who only has a cell phone--should save him a wack on long distance and local air time. Only draw back is no 911 identifying.

Is that with equipment? Of is it already paid for?