JH2688

Well, my computer has been working just fine since i got it fixed. Im just an idiot for what i did.

My motherboard has "Instant Boot" really cool feature, my computer boots up in about 6 seconds. however, it take a long time to shut down. It has to shut down, reboot and then shutdown again. The problem was that i had to log in when i rebooted, Which sucked because i had to wait for it. So me being the idiot, I disabled all the account. Now i cannot log in.

The administrator account does not work, it says i the name and password is wrong(I never put a password on it). and my other account says its disabled.

I need to know how to fix this problem. I tried safe mode and i get the same problem so i cant log in to safe mode.

Isn't there a Linux CD(repair function) that will crack your Windows password and get you in? I've forgotten the details on it, so you will have to search.

I think you have to use the Windows Admin account(usually hidden) to get in as per your details.... My safe mode with XP , it is visable.

Since you never password protected the admin account, boot into safe mode, then log in as  "administrator " , no password. You should be in.

I know you said you r admin account has been disabled, but there is always an administrator account on the machine, there has to be. If this doesn't work, there is another option, although it's not as simple as you might think, none the less, Iv'e used it many times, and it works. Buy I have also lost everything by using it one time, out of a couple dozen. The tool is a bootable cd. Download the attachment, burn it, boot to it. When you get stuck, let me know, I'll try and walk you through.

Oh yea, I hope you have another machine to d/l this from, and burn it.

im using linux ubuntu right now. so i can copy all of my files over to another computer easily. Thats one good thing about dual boot systems.

Since you never password protected the admin account, boot into safe mode, then log in as  "administrator " , no password. You should be in.

I know you said you r admin account has been disabled, but there is always an administrator account on the machine, there has to be. If this doesn't work, there is another option, although it's not as simple as you might think, none the less, Iv'e used it many times, and it works. Buy I have also lost everything by using it one time, out of a couple dozen. The tool is a bootable cd. Download the attachment, burn it, boot to it. When you get stuck, let me know, I'll try and walk you through.

Oh yea, I hope you have another machine to d/l this from, and burn it.

I was just thinking why would windows allow me to disable all the accounts.  I remember the password to the administrator account but is said the account was disabled. I want to copy over my files to be safe.

well, i got got lucky. I was able to boot into safe mode by logging in as the administrator. All i had to do was enable all the accounts. I was actually looking forward to reformatting my hard drive and starting over from scratch. There's a lot of crap that needs to be deleted. I'm not going to mess with my computer anymore :haha: well, at least for a few days anyway.

Everything seems to be working fine. And for my keyboard and mouse not working, logitech is sending me a new one.  :grin2:

• 2 months later...