The "Tea Parties "

mudmanc4

Here is another quote by a founding father specifically dealing with the issue of religious freedom:

It is the duty of every man to render to the Creator such homage and such only as he believes to be acceptable to him. This duty is precedent, both in order of time and in degree of obligation, to the claims of Civil Society.

James Madison, Memorial and Remonstrance Against Religious Assessments, Circa June 20, 1785

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o.O

I have a winner. Here is James Madison's statement on the collection and spending of taxes. I love this:

There is not a more important and fundamental principle in legislation, than that the ways and means ought always to face the public engagements; that our appropriations should ever go hand in hand with our promises. To say that the United States should be answerable for twenty-five millions of dollars without knowing whether the ways and means can be provided, and without knowing whether those who are to succeed us will think with us on the subject, would be rash and unjustifiable. Sir, in my opinion, it would be hazarding the public faith in a manner contrary to every idea of prudence.

James Madison, Speech in Congress, April 22, 1790

AND:

What is to be the consequence, in case the Congress shall misconstrue this part [the necessary and proper clause] of the Constitution and exercise powers not warranted by its true meaning, I answer the same as if they should misconstrue or enlarge any other power vested in them...the success of the usurpation will depend on the executive and judiciary departments, which are to expound and give effect to the legislative acts; and in a last resort a remedy must be obtained from the people, who can by the elections of more faithful representatives, annul the acts of the usurpers.

James Madison, Federalist No. 44, January 25, 1788

In the famous word of Samuel L. Jackson (Jules) in Pulp Fiction!

Jules: The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

[T]he government of the United States is a definite government, confined to specified objects. It is not like the state governments, whose powers are more general. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the government.

James Madison, speech in the House of Representatives, January 10, 1794

The federal government has no place in charity (welfare).

The federal government has no place in charity (welfare).

In reality it should be left to churches and such for real. And many do not "need" in the way it is used  these days anyway. I mean have more kids, just to not have to work, so their daddy or a boyfriend can live with you free of charge also. And who pays for it, everyone even if they do not feel charitable. It should not come from taxes either. And then whine because there is not enough left over for other luxuries? They should not have any anyway. There should be no prize for sitting on ones ass.  :tickedoff:

My thoughts.  :smiley:

In reality it should be left to churches and such for real. And many do not "need" in the way it is used  these days anyway. I mean have more kids, just to not have to work, so their daddy or a boyfriend can live with you free of charge also. And who pays for it, everyone even if they do not feel charitable. It should not come from taxes either. And then whine because there is not enough left over for other luxuries? They should not have any anyway. There should be no prize for sitting on ones ass.  :tickedoff:

:iamwithstupid: I read an article that was really well written the other day. It was titled along the lines of "As long as we pay people to be poor there will be plenty of poor people." It changed the way I view some things and made good sense.

I

I agree completely. What are you gonna do to change it?

This is absolutely beautiful. It is the perfect quote for why ALL American's should read, and understand not only the constitution, but understand what the men who wrote it meant it to stand for.

The first and governing maxim in the interpretation of a statute is to discover the meaning of those who made it.

James Wilson, Of the Study of Law in the United States, Circa 1790

Homeless struggle ? well,I rely on the BBC news UK  for whats happening in America , is this a true picture ? ,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8009024.stm ,

to state a fact , the UK is now the highest taxed nation in the world , and

hell I figure life was never promised to be easy indeed folk are loosing hope over here in the UK , but we are getting by with parents and Grandparents helping their kids out , as I know to my cost ,but  life was never promised to be easy ,

the free lunch syndrome was never going to work IMHO,

so,I am kinda asking , anyone seeing the green shoots of recovery , and how are you all doing ?

There's not going to be a reacovery anytime soon. The entire world is in a global recession and it will stay that way. The reason being: if the different countries would let the free market do what it does (in some cases fail, in others: suceed) then everything would go back to normal. The problem is right now: the global markets are only reacting to the news instead of creating the news. Do you get what I mean?

WaterRTBH, sure I follow your thoughts , the word has just taken a reality check , it will take 10 years or more to absorb the change , IMHO ,

well today was the UK's fiscal budget ,when tasxes get set for the 2009-10 , so far it seems if I don't smoke drink , eat , run a car , date women etc ,I could be $6 USD better off a week ,

:evil6:,

so little change for this hermit , :lol:

BTW from now on the women will have to go Dutch ?

defination =

The phrase "going Dutch", where a couple each pays for their own half of a restaurant bill implies "cheap", basically.

Hey mudmanc, I have been doing a lot of research since you started this thread. Did you know Alexander Hamilton was an elitist? He wanted an American Aristocracy to control the governement rather than "regular people". He also HATED John Adams and Thomas Jefferson, although that was more do to jealousy as both men were totally in opposition to each other politically, In fact Jefferson and Adams were friends until their deaths.

Andrew Jackson was the first president to oppose the National Banking sistem and try to shut it down and give state banks control of the Fed. Pretty cool huh?

I suppose when a political party is completely out of ideas, grasping at broken straws seems like a good plan.

Why not?

They got nothing else and it just gets worse as time passes and the truth slowly trickles out about what transpired over the past 8 years.

The most laughable thing?

We still have Cheney pandering to the TV cameras trying desperately to peddle that same ole fear fear fear, trust us... we will protect you bull hockey.

One thing I'm certain we can all agree on:

The GOP is broken and do you really think "tea parties" is going to mend it?

The fake patriotism isn't working anymore.

I suppose when a political party is completely out of ideas, grasping at broken straws seems like a good plan.

Why not?

They got nothing else and it just gets worse as time passes and the truth slowly trickles out about what transpired over the past 8 years.

The most laughable thing?

We still have Cheney pandering to the TV cameras trying desperately to peddle that same ole fear fear fear, trust us... we will protect you bull hockey.

One thing I'm certain we can all agree on:

The GOP government is broken and do you really think "tea parties" is going to mend it?

The fake patriotism isn't working anymore.

IMO.

IMO.

I have been inspired. Prepare (in a couple months) to meet my weapon - I mean website!

Muhaahaaahaaahaaahaaa *chuckles evily as she pets the cat in her lap*

All I ask for is a shark with laser beams on his head!