Home Networking dilemma

Blako

Well I have this networking problem that I just can't put my finger on.  As I was making this picture I came up with an Idea.  I hope you will too.  Computer "B" can ping my network but no one in the network can ping computer B. (Just keeping it abstract here) All connections are physical Cat5 cable.

I'm guessing   "a, and b " are in another room.So they cannot be connected before the switch for test purpose ??  And the switch is just that, nothing more. So the problem could only be in two places. That I can see anyway. Assuming you have tried other ports on the switch, as well as rules out cabling issues. can you see all machines on all other machines ?

Check the configuration in the network settings comp "b" . Somewhere in "b" it's blocking incoming connections, check your firewall settings, or any other network software that "b" is running. If nothing else, just insert the XP install disk, and run a network utility. Or have you already done those things ?