bypass download speed limit

mmd

Hi everyone

The internet speed in my university has been limited to 256Kb/s for each computer and that really sucks! Is there any way for me to trick the the server and get multiple dhcp IPs ( or maybe MAC addresses, I'm not sure about it).

I knew a guy in the university who wrote a program and simulated a computer network on his laptop and assigned himself 10 IPs and he downloads with all of them (of course he didn't tell me how he did that)

Please help me kill two bird with one stone. (one is to download faster and the more important one is to beat that guy)

im not sure you should be messing with the settings of the school. they have them set up for that reason so not one or two people can hog the bandwidth, thats pretty selfish if i were to be using all of the bandwidth for bragging rights while someone who needs to download a file for a paper or something isnt getting anything on their end.

just my opinion im not trying to flame, just saying, its set up that way so it should be left that way unless its YOUR network.  imagine if something went wrong when you were playing with the settings and it crashed the whole network....

Yea I agree with Ryan. I wont touch the moral implications that is on you. You could find the law after you though, even if on trumped up charges.

Thanks shug. tahts also a good point

I only said what I did because in highschool I lost internet privileges for a quarter of the year because i found the password to one of the wireless networks. and i went in and unlocked it for everyone to connect to the faster networks that only teachers could get on. so I've learned not to mess with other people's settings. As its very very simple to track which IP is doing it, and when. and also in some programs such as zone alarm it logs IP addresses and you can use a locate tool to see where its coming from...

• CA3LE locked this topic