Installing operating system on laptop HELP :(

Blunted 2

sorry about that post i meant to say if i should download all the driver for my pc or only certain ones.

All M$ operating systems come with generic drivers. When you get it installed, get the special drivers from the venders like Nivea or other special applications. The only OS that will give you the right drivers is the new Windows 7. It gives you the right drivers for the applications.

I didn't have help the first time and I'm not talking about sex either! I don't think you going to find someone willing to hang on AIM to help you with a blow by blow until you get it up and running. I suggest you read this topic and give it a  try on your own! Or look it up on Google!!!

B&N is a program that wipes your HHD clean. I use the automatic mode and it takes about 2 to 3 hours to run. Remember to go into BIOS and set your CD/DVD drive to boot first. B&N is an ISO file when you download it and you need to burn it to a disk. I use PowerISO (its a free Program) to burn it to disk. You really don't need to go through all that to change the OS. Just go into BIOS and set the CD/DVD drive to boot first. Remember to write the XP key down before you put the disk in the drive, now reboot and follow the on screen prompts. Never do the quick format, use the long one. I hope this helps!

well people i did a good job but now no internet which is i need a driver but can't get it cause hp site only allows vista driver, so if anyone can give me advice please an thank you once again for everything, i have a hp pavilion s3301f desktop pc is the one i need help with.

So you need the network card driver for that laptop ?

well i did that but now getting a error "error 3 running command c:hpbinhpbl

Tell me how you installed the driver. Did it have an installation package, or did you put the driver in yourself. There's several ways to get it where it needs to be in the stack, you could also go into device manager, find the triangle w/ the exclamation point, on the network device, and install it there.

In fact goto control panel, administrator, then system, then look for device manager, unless you know another way to get there, there's several ways. And tell me where the marks are in there.

well i have aim if u wanna chat real quick there it's "warps" all i see there is a 1394 net adapter thats it

Maybe some other time, I do this in public because there's so many people that have the same exact issue as you are, so think of this as your helping others as we learn :)

i used a flash drive then ran it unzzipped it an got that error message enless im doing something wrong

Ok then, that's the issue, the driver has no idea where to go by itself, we have to put it in the right place since it has no installation package with it.

So, as long as it's unzipped, goto the network device, in device manager so long as your there, you'll see properties, then look for "driver" , when you click that tab, you should see where it says "update driver " .

then instead of having it look for the driver on it's own, you should know where you unzipped it, right ? Then point to it and it should install. You'll then be told you need to restart the system.