Charter Business Network or Courier of Bad News?

guru

I have recently purchased a business account from Charter Communications (CBN). They told me it is a 3 n 1 connection (3MB/sec down, 1MB/sec up), however I am only getting around 0.7MB/sec on average. Is this enough of a loss to complain about? Also, with business accounts, aren't we entitled to the advertised speed? Being a business account, one would think that if I am paying $600/month for 3mb/sec down and 1mb/sec up then that would be the absolute minimum I should receive. What do you think?

First you are always entitled to the advertised speed, no matter what. Is that 0.7 down or up?? If it is down than that isp is taking you for a ride. I am sure CA3LE will have some more insight on this. :)

actually unless you have specifically stated in your contract there is no real advertising speed... usually there is only a REAL guarantee on speed if you have a high business class DSL or T1+ provider. If you are paying 600+ per month for you line you are being taken for a ride...

I hate to sound like a broken record because since I have teamed with bandwidth.com I have said this a lot... but check the other providers in your area with the tool located at http://www.testmy.net/bandwidth_quote.html'>http://www.testmy.net/bandwidth_quote.html ~~ if you see something better GREAT... if not, whatever... worth a try huh? :-P ~~~If I were you for that price I would get a couple T1's and you should get 3Mbps both ways ~~ or a business class 6-12Mbps class DSL which should have at least a 1Mbps uplink ~~~~~

If I get this for 39.95 p/month (well I get it for free because I work for my provider)

::: Download Stats :::

Connection is: 4041 Kbps about 4 Mbps (tested with 1496 KB)

Download Speed is: 493 KB/sec

Auth Code: 2060616 (validate at http://www.testmy.net)

Bottom Line: 72 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 2.08 second(s)

Validation Link :: https://testmy.net/cgi-bin/auth_check.cgi?ta=&top=&align=&num=2060616&kbps=4041&gen=gen&a=0.571428571428571&b=1.71428571428571&c=1145.14285714286

theoretically for the friggen price you pay you should get 15 times that speed ;-) ~~~ or at least my speed and upload 2Mbps with great latency... that would be acceptable ~~~ check the other providers dude ;-) ~~

By the way, I just called your provider and they told me just the other day they bought a 2002 Lamborghini Diablo 6.0 VT off the money they leached from you. They told me to tell you thanks :headbang: ~~~ (april fools YO!)

Yeah, I've been thinking about going with Nex Lan and getting a T1...hell charter hasn't even gotten the gateway working yet (they keep telling me it will be done today, regardless what day I call in). After putting up with this all week, I am at my breaking point. If they do not get this shit resolved today then I am going to Nex Lan and getting a T1. Yes, the 0.7MB/sec is my upstream. Downstream is great -- 4MB/sec. In the contract I signed, it clearly states 3MB/sec down and 1MB/sec up so I think that joke about the diablo is more of a reality than anything ;)

Thanks for your feedback :)

• 1 year later...