video card prob...

cappy

I keep gettin this error and the comp keeps crashing

i have a Radeon 9800 pro 128 MB video card

512 Mb ram

soyo k7vme motherboard

AMD XP 2700+  processor

and heres the error...

VPU recover has reset your graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding to graphic driver commands.

emailed ATI's support twice, no help and other crashes it will just go blank on the screen, and get no signal... i just got new ram motherboard and a processor 4 weeks ago, before that the video card worked fine, but after i installed all that and windows xp pro it started doing that. And i have all the latest drivers for the video card and motherboard. It will crash anytime, but for some weird reason it crashes THE MOST when i am just browsing the web... not in games...  :whaa:

there was a problem with the latest drivers.. update them again... that should take care of it.. if that doesnt work try the omega drivers site.. omegadrivers.net  they offer a 3rd party driver that tends to be high in quality that what ATI offers.. more geared towards gaming..

I keep gettin this error and the comp keeps crashing

i have a Radeon 9800 pro 128 MB video card

512 Mb ram

soyo k7vme motherboard

AMD XP 2700+  processor

and heres the error...

VPU recover has reset your graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding to graphic driver commands.

emailed ATI's support twice, no help and other crashes it will just go blank on the screen, and get no signal... i just got new ram motherboard and a processor 4 weeks ago, before that the video card worked fine, but after i installed all that and windows xp pro it started doing that. And i have all the latest drivers for the video card and motherboard. It will crash anytime, but for some weird reason it crashes THE MOST when i am just browsing the web... not in games...  :whaa:

hey cappy :)

so you didnt reformat and reinstalled XP after you changed mobo, ram and cpu?

Ive seen on other forums alot of ppl getting errors and bluescreen if they upgrade some hardware without reinstall windows XP

i would do that, backup all you like to keep and make a full reformat and install XP again

VanBuren :)

hmm very odd.. the system says driver error.. time to research driver errors.. does it give you a number or anything?

Scank Ho.. one point for you! it is related to the power.. A few things to try.. disable fast write in your bios.. ATI doesnt support it..  Try running it on 4x instead of 8x if that is an option..

• 2 weeks later...