T1 for Gaming?

Unsung

Sorry. Looked around, and thinking maybe the North American providers forum might be the place, but I have no clue where to post this. I'm wanting to discuss the broad subject of T1, but specifically for gaming.

Basically... is it good? A 1.544mbps T1 connection. Say I was playing a peer-to-peer game, with 32 players in it? To me, 1.544mbps sounded like it wasn't good enough - I knew T1 was great, but assumed gaming, and peer-to-peer gaming especially, would require more bandwidth? Typically I'd be playing 4 vs. 4 peer-to-peer games and smaller CSS servers. Max 22 players usually (CSS).

I'd thrown the idea of T1 out the window until I saw that the MLG Pro Circuit team Str8 Rippin' was buying T1 for their House of Gaming sponsored by Dr. Pepper or whatever. Even then, I was thinking they must have bought the 6.0 mbps or whatever T1 - but they specified in the article it was a constant 1.544. Now I'm thinking, maybe I wouldn't need to spend like $500 (although T1 1.544mbps is still pricey) a month for one of the higher MBPS T1 connections.

I'm sure you can tell I'm not very intelligent when it comes to finding a T1 connection lol. All I know is, around here, my only options are Comcast (have it right now, isn't bad for p2s gaming but obviously not great for p2p anything heh), and some T1/DS3/maybe higher but I don't look into the double comma-on the-bill services.

Also, T1 is usually for businesses - do they even install it in homes? A few times when I've tried to get a quote it required a business name.

Thanks!

Also, T1 is usually for businesses - do they even install it in homes? A few times when I've tried to get a quote it required a business name.

Thanks!

Right, as far as I know, you must have a business name to place the account in, but if that's what you really want, then there's always ways to accomplish that , legally as well.

Check this out.